1997 Ford F700 Clutch

Specific repair issues for RWD trucks, SUVs & vans
Rich
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor

1997 Ford F700 Clutch

Post by Rich »

Gotta shoot a quote on a clutch job. Can anyone give me an idea on labor time? I have two places to look and batting zero on info.

Thanks
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Re: 1997 F700 Clutch

Post by brianp87 »

Id call support and see if they have the labor time.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: 1997 Ford F700 Clutch

Post by timbre4 »

Rich wrote:Gotta shoot a quote on a clutch job. Can anyone give me an idea on labor time? I have two places to look and batting zero on info.
Thanks
Definitely call our Product Support as suggested and see what they have.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
Tim Martin
2.5K Uber Ninja Contributor

Post by Tim Martin »

Just a positive note from my corner.

Several years ago, I was working on a truck of similar size. I was looking for some kind of estimator of time for a particular job. I called product support and within a few minutes, they called me back with the information I was needing. I do not know where they got the information from but it was fairly accurate.

Thanks for the help the MOD team provides us with!!!!!!!!!
Rich

Post by Rich »

Tim Martin wrote:Just a positive note from my corner.

Several years ago, I was working on a truck of similar size. I was looking for some kind of estimator of time for a particular job. I called product support and within a few minutes, they called me back with the information I was needing. I do not know where they got the information from but it was fairly accurate.

Thanks, i just dreaded making the call.
Rich Hays
Tim Martin

Post by Tim Martin »

Rich wrote:
Tim Martin wrote:Just a positive note from my corner.

Thanks, i just dreaded making the call.
Rich, I can safely say that in the 21 years I have been dealing with Mitchell 1, there has been several times I needed the assistance of their Product Support team and they have always given me what I needed. There was a few times I couldn't understand the person I was speaking with but we worked through that. Over all, Product Support has been very good to my shop.
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by steven kiser »

I have a truck guide that adds in time for rust and other issues that would add tech time. If you would give me all the specifics including anything but not limited to it's use, engine size, dump, pto attached to transmission, e/brake set up if it's not air brakes, all these things matter and lets not forget drive shaft type, long wheel bases have a split shaft. Another issue I've been blind sided by is the truck was most likely sold as a cab and chassis and possibly modified to fit. If it was modified for say rail road, forestry, telecommunication needs etc you may have a truck that is akin to a Frankenstein truck. There should be a build ticket on the door jamb or behind the front or rear seat. It could be stuck on an inside cab panel. If it has been modified and you can find the company that did it such as Hackney or I even believe Monroe is one you will be able to contact them, provide a vin and they can fax or text you the build sheet. I've never had any difficulty getting what I need. Anyway if you call and give me all the information I will have no issue creating a job ticket and forwarding it to you. This may be a job where you make more money walking away from it especially if it's something that's out of your comfort zone. 781-444-2620 and am usually here from somewhere around 5am to 11ish a.m.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Rich

Post by Rich »

Steve, it's red, its a flat bed, and its a stick. Does that help? LOL
Rich Hays
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

Man, I should have caught that on my own. That being said I would quote it out for a hundred and twelvfifty four.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Return to “Ford Trucks”