2005 Ford F250 - 6.0L Diesel No Crank

Specific repair issues for RWD trucks, SUVs & vans
raulrodriguez

2005 Ford F250 - 6.0L Diesel No Crank

Post by raulrodriguez »

I have an '05 Ford F250 6.0 diesel that I read the PSI oil pressure on and I found I have 0 psi, I automatically went and bypassed the epr valve putting 12 volts to the epr valve to try to close and build pressure to my fuel injector manifold and i still have 0.

I wonder if the oil pump is bad or the fuel injection pump is bad because after all that, I removed the epr valve and spun the engine and I still have no oil coming through, but the strange thing is I removed the oil filter and spun the engine again and I saw oil coming up through the oil filter outlet.

Can anybody help me please? I need to get this vehicle repaired asap.
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: 2005 Ford F250 - 6.0L Diesel No Crank

Post by steven kiser »

first check the mileage for warranty. check oil pressure of engine. what was the thruck doing before this happened, ie, driving, ideling, need complete discription of what happened as well as if there were any symptoms prior. i mean any. even something stupid. was it in a shop in the last two weeks, was it just fueled up, etc. there is a tech bulliten out on the high pressure lines collapsing at the pump. now that you've lifted pump off it has to be properly primed or it'll burn up. all the procedures on how to deal with pump issues are specific and it will not react the way you think it should. be patient and follow the proceedure. please post all the information you can and either i or someone else will be able to help. remember, patience is the key here. it takes a bit of cranking to build the necessary pressure. continous cranking will overheat the starter and possibly burn it up.
oh ya welcome to the forum, we will help but remember next time you post include as much info as you can. as a rule i don't return to my computer during the day on the weekend but i'll try to return to assist you.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
raulrodriguez

Post by raulrodriguez »

The customer had the truck towed because it died in the street. He said this had happened two or three times. We replaced the fuel pump (because thats the problem we found) and it started right away, it ran for a minute then died. Since then the truck will not crank. Thats why I checked the oil pressure injection pump because I know for a fact I have fuel pressure from my fuel pump. Is it a possibility that I need to replace the oil pump or the injection pump?
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

i'm working with the hope that you mean crank but will not start not won't crank. if it won't crank we're ff on another direction. if it cranks we can continue along the lines we've already discussed. now i kinda need to know the history a bit. was it just serviced or had the customer just gotten fuel? you could have an issue with the injector module. i've seen quite a few where the harness has worked it's way free. the retainers get brittle from the heat of the engine and break allowing the plug to back out. hoping you have a scanner hook it up and see if you're getting a rpm reading and crank sensor signal. we're assuming it's a fuel problem with no information to prove or disprove. if you're spraying starter fluid into air intake STOP. you can bend a rod or collapse a piston. did the customer notice a loss of power before it crapped out? it may have been very minor or major. if there was a power loss was there any noise associated with it? you should have a detailed questionair for the customer to either fill out or be filled in by you. there are so many variables now on cars and trucks that you almost have to have a form akin to the ones dr's use. how many times have we spent days chasing problems only for the customer to say something like "funny, the car was running great untill the battery went dead and when my husband (or partner) jumped it the first time there was a huge flash" you calmly ask if the key was on and the're not sure. then you ask if they were listening to the radio while they were in the car waiting for the battery to charge. the reply "yes but what does that have to do with anything" after your help revive you, you take out the pcm and look at the fried boards. :roll:
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

look up tech svc bulliten 05-19-14
wiley
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Post by wiley »

Hey are you loosing engine oil from the back of engine area? Just thought because if you are I have experienced a few 2004-2005 model 6.0 liters having a problem with the high pressure oil coupler at rear of intake valley blowing off. there is a new design with a metal bracket to install. that will make one not start for sure. Just a thought. :D :D :D
Think Positive!!!
What can go wrong will.
raulrodriguez

Post by raulrodriguez »

Thank you, problem solved
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

What was the problem?