2003 Ford Excursion - V10 Misfire

Specific repair issues for RWD trucks, SUVs & vans
TERRY HULAN

2003 Ford Excursion - V10 Misfire

Post by TERRY HULAN »

I'm new to shop management and we are having trouble with a 2003 ford excursion v10. It came in running rough; upon opening hood found all the egr system disabled, no vacumn to egr valve or dpef sensor, but no check engine light. We have replaced the plugs and it ran better until it warmed up; back to the miss.

Can anyone tell me how to test the coils and why the egr system would be disabled?
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: 2003 Ford Excursion - V10 Misfire

Post by ricmorin »

TERRY HULAN wrote:I'm new to shop management and we are having trouble with a 2003 ford excursion v10. It came in running rough; upon opening hood found all the egr system disabled, no vacumn to egr valve or dpef sensor, but no check engine light. We have replaced the plugs and it ran better until it warmed up; back to the miss.

Can anyone tell me how to test the coils and why the egr system would be disabled?
Welcome to the forum.

Who knows why people disable these systems. Get a diagram and restore those vacuum lines.

If you have a misfire and no code: Go into global OBD2 and go under mode $06, go to TEST ID $53 I think and scroll down, the cylinder(s) misfiring will have a higher value.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

i beilive you'll also find the egr runner in the intake will be plugged. if this has been cruising along like this look for collateral damage. it's there...............................
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

Prolly lots of stuff......sell it all or you will own it

Return to “Ford Trucks”