2003 Ford F350 - 6.0L Cranks But No Start

Specific repair issues for RWD trucks, SUVs & vans
raymond

2003 Ford F350 - 6.0L Cranks But No Start

Post by raymond »

I don't usually dont work on diesel engines, but I'm working on a Ford F350 super duty with a 6.0l engine. It will start with starting fluid, but won't idle. You would have to keep the throttle depressed for it to run. Replaced the fuel/water separators, checked fuses, oil level is ok, no codes.

Any suggestions would be appreciated,thnx...ray... :|

Oh, the enertia fuel cut-off switch is ok...
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Re: 2003 Ford F350 - 6.0L Cranks But No Start

Post by brianp87 »

Check the oil pressure pids with a scanner. Very common issue is an oil leak internally or ipr
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: 2003 Ford F350 - 6.0L Cranks But No Start

Post by steven kiser »

welcome to the forum and the world of diesels. oil pressure is a biggie with these as well as the injector wiring. a bank can be completely shut down and it will run at 1/2 open throttle. be careful with starting fluid. you could bend a few push rods and get the same result you're experiencing now. there is an injection module on the firewall over the left valve cover. there is a feed plug for each bank. see if one has backed out. it may not throw a code. if it's backed out clean and lubricate it, plug it in and secure with a wire tie. use wd40 or another type of nut buster to start these. when you have it running and there is a distinctive popping coming out of the throttle body you may have a bent push rod or the rocker may have walked off the valve. if it walked the valve stem probably will be worn at an angle. i've seen rare times where a restricted exhaust will cause these issues.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Return to “Ford Trucks”