20xx Linc Navagator - Blower Stayed On

Specific repair issues for RWD trucks, SUVs & vans
mopwrforme
200 Club: Major Contributor

20xx Linc Navagator - Blower Stayed On

Post by mopwrforme »

Well we started on this truck with a no crank no start. aaa towed it in and it had a dead battery.

After charging the battery, I started to poke around and found the blower would stay on high with the key out of the igswa ok its an atc system so at this point I started cking pwr and grds to find out if it’s the control head or the blower speed module anyway after unplugging the control head and blower module I find there is still a draw on the electrical system while unplugging fuses I find the mayjor 50amp in the under hood power dist. Center which supplies the pwr to the under dash fuse panel was the problem circuit. About this time one of my part time guys who works for the local ford dealer came in and as I was going over the problem he informs me to disconnect the alt. for the draw ok ill bite sure as the sky is blue on a good day it goes away. Im still on solid ground I can see the alt having an internal short causing a draw but the question is after I put a ford alt on this navigator know the blower does as it should and the vehicle is operating normally I drove this thing for 2 days just to make sure. the owner was out of town and I still scratch my noodle over a alt fixing a atc blower circuit. Ive had bad batterys which drop below 9.6v cause all kinds of issues with computers but after I charged the battery it passed a midtronics test and still is in the vehical working properly.

I'm at a loss please can someone clear up this issue for me its driving me more nuts than I already am thanks :? :? :?
perfection-automotive.net
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: navagator blower stayed on

Post by steven kiser »

i'm thinking of feed back to the bcm which caused the relay to stick.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
mopwrforme

Re: navagator blower stayed on

Post by mopwrforme »

i would have never thought of it, but it makes good sense. if the alt diode tree was faulty it would cause some of the same issues a bad battery would. i never thought of a backfeed or poor voltage to the bcm or atc module thanks steven i feel all better now. :D :D :D
perfection-automotive.net

Return to “Ford Trucks”