2011Jeep Liberty - Low Tire Pressure Light

Specific repair issues for Dodge RWD trucks, vans + Jeep products
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

2011Jeep Liberty - Low Tire Pressure Light

Post by steven kiser »

Have my daughters car in the shop. Low tire warning light is on. This is the stripped model with no bells and whistles. Her low tire light came on. All tire pressures dead nuts on. Independent Snap On tool reads pressures correctly. We lowered and raised pressures and it followed it. My Snap On plug in scanner reads the same way. Even though this is a 4 wheel system my scanner was picking up the spare at 339.00 or something like that so I had a sensor installed. Reading it fine. Clear it with the scanner and within a minute it comes back on. Now having said that and it being my daughters jeep and I'm butt deep in other work and dealing with the fallout of my bookkeeper leaving and me not doing anything about it right away because my wife wanted to be part of the search process and I finally had to get one and my old accountant "lost" all my records when I asked for them and when the new one put in a formal request we were told they were all on the "old" computer that froze and hard drive was damaged beyond repair and there was nothing recovered. Whew that was a mouthful and a half. I can't see the forest through the trees. I, thinking it's the wireless receiver that as per usual is tied into everything. The only code we get is C0077. Again, when ever I work on my wife's favorite good car I can't seem to focus as well as it is with my children's vehicles. My klunkers aren't an issue, it's just a state of mind or a mindless tech. :lol: :lol: :lol:
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Pauls Automotive
1000 Club: Interstellar
1000 Club: Interstellar

Re: 2011 jeep liberty

Post by Pauls Automotive »

I have the same problem with one of my customers Jeep Liberty. We have come to the conclusion it is in the receiver as you have said. The customer doesn't want to spend the money to fix it. Sometimes I wish they would just so I had a definitive answer. :D
Paul
Pauls Automotive
6318 Falls Road
Baltimore, Md 21209
410-825-2224
paul@paulsauto.com
TRUE HAPPINESS IS WITHIN YOU
rhillig
500 Club: Champion Contributor
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Re: 2011 jeep liberty

Post by rhillig »

We had a crazy situation with a Jeep Pilot that we had purchased at the auction to resell. No tire pressure sensors in the vehicle, so we installed new ones before putting it on the lot. We fought & fought with it to get the tire light off. Finally sent off to Jeep dealer. They found the MINIMUM tire pressure had been set to 240 lbs!!!! How is that even possible? That's four hours we will never get back :x
A year from now you will wish you had started TODAY ~ Karen Lamb
steven kiser

Re: 2011Jeep Liberty - Low Tire Pressure Light

Post by steven kiser »

I thought of a psi movement like in the German vehicles but no where could i find a way to do it. Looked at owners manual and it was of no help. Then again i need to remember it's cursed since it's my daughters and I just need to turn it over or i'll go over. :lol: :lol:
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Return to “Dodge Trucks / Jeep”