2006 Jeep Wrangler sport 4.0 std trans 4x4 p2302,p2305

Specific repair issues for Dodge RWD trucks, vans + Jeep products
nokomisauto
25 Club: Starting Contributor

2006 Jeep Wrangler sport 4.0 std trans 4x4 p2302,p2305

Post by nokomisauto »

This jeep is driving nuts I put new champion plugs # 438 .035 plug gap and replace coil pack and engine stills runs ruff and code come back we remove fuel injectors and test injector spray pattern and fire very good pattern replace crank and cam sensor and IGNITION CAPACITOR and still works the same and set the same codes the we check the brown wire to coil it has 12.45 volts at wire when running or cranking COMPRESSION is 145 to 155 in all cly we check all grounds and clean grounds to engine and for computer grounds. We replace map sensor still runs rough and same codes come back then ordered a new pcm from jeep and program computer and same problem. what am missing I am pull all my hair out anybody had this problem before?
Thanks
Ray
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: 2006 Jeep Wrangler sport 4.0 std trans 4x4 p2302,p2305

Post by ricmorin »

What brand coil? Aftermarket coils raise havoc on these because of the manufacturing differences and how Jeep monitors kickback voltage. Also, coil primary connections are known to be a weak point. Check the pins carefully.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
nokomisauto

Post by nokomisauto »

Coil from jeep
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

Pumped that information into two of my search sites and common issue is a bad harness at coil plug. It seems all the shop pretty much did what you did and traced it back to a bad harness plug. Won't go into the specifics but they all said once they replaced the plug all was good. The only other fix was a stand alone and was loose ground points under the dash. Good luck.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
nokomisauto

Post by nokomisauto »

Up date on jeep found problem in oil pump drive it lock up for one sec and started turning after it turn housing a 1/4 turn and tack it out syn repair oil pump drive and now it runs
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

Have had that happen a few times as well. Every time it was due to the vehicle running extremely low on oil sometime prior. If it were in my shop I would pull the drain plug and filter the oil through a cotton batting, paper towels lined in the oil drain, or we have sheets of felt that the hot oil flows through at a reasonable rate. When the oil is done draining I run an extension magnet through the drain hole and move it around a bit. If I find metal filings in the pan (we all know the difference between wear filings and the ones you get from oil starvation ). If there are shards in the oil I strongly suggest dropping pan, removing oil pump and look at the machined surfaces. This vehicle isn't repaired it's just not sticking right now. The machined surfaces of the pump drive impellers are scored and when they get warm enough pressure will drop, lubrication quality will drop, impellers and plate surface will warm up and stick again.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Return to “Dodge Trucks / Jeep”