2014 Dodge Ram 1500 Codes

Specific repair issues for Dodge RWD trucks, vans + Jeep products
92zman
200 Club: Major Contributor

2014 Dodge Ram 1500 Codes

Post by 92zman »

We have a 2014 Dodge Ram truck here Vin 1C6RR7FT0ES132332 and it had 2 code in it then i really cant find mush on.
In the ABS is a C005128 (Steering wheel positing sensor signal bias level out of range/zero adjustment failure.)
In the EPS U041500 (Invalid data received from anti-lock brake system (ABS) control module "A"-)
I found a adjust procedure but did not work. Truck has been hit in the front before.
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: 2014 Dodge Ram 1500 Codes

Post by steven kiser »

So sorry for my late reply. Sounds like an issue with a broken wire or the EPS module in the steering column. How long ago was the damage? Possibly reopen the claim since the diagnostics can be muddled by the accident and quality of workmanship. Personally anytime we have an issue where an accident is in the ix we first go over that area soup to nuts looking for missing grounding wires, damaged harnesses, blown fuses, etc. We also really dig into it with the customer because they may have something they feel isn't pertinent and actually solves the problem. If the Air Bag deployed this would be another reason to look into a column issue as well as if the wheel was removed to "correctly center the wheel opposed to aligning it correctly" is another reason to look at that module. Occasionally I request to look at the work order from the body damage repair to see if "ghost" parts were replaced avoiding an issue of you having to replace and justify one of those parts and getting blind sided by an irate customer or insurance company issue with duplicate parts. I know this is way over the top but I've been caught by this and even though the part I replaced was obviously broken and the blue paint was still inside the tamper proof receiver. Now I take pictures and detailed documentation.
Good Luck
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

Any luck?
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
92zman

Post by 92zman »

Checked it all out and found it was just so little out of alignment. After alignment light went out. Thanks for the reply
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

Any time

Return to “Dodge Trucks / Jeep”