2008 Dodge RAM: Bleeding Brakes - What Am I Missing? - FIXED

Specific repair issues for Dodge RWD trucks, vans + Jeep products
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: 2008 Dodge RAM: Bleeding Brakes - What Am I Missing?

Post by ricmorin »

Tim Martin wrote:Ok, got the truck back in the garage. Replaced the RWAL hydaulic unit. We now have a solid pedal and the brakes work fine. Strange that the issue is with the rear brakes system. However, now, after driving the truck, the amber C2202 (Original VIN Mismatch or Missing). Cannot erase code although one time I drive it and the light is out, next time it is on. Now what? If I try with my scan tool to write VIN, I get a message that VIN writing is not allowed. So now what?
Was the hydraulic unit a new or used item? If used, the VIN's don't match and I don't believe you can change that. It's a one time write in the ABS.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
Tim Martin
2.5K Uber Ninja Contributor
2.5K Uber Ninja Contributor

Re: 2008 Dodge RAM: Bleeding Brakes - What Am I Missing?

Post by Tim Martin »

ricmorin wrote:
Tim Martin wrote:Ok, got the truck back in the garage. Replaced the RWAL hydaulic unit. We now have a solid pedal and the brakes work fine. Strange that the issue is with the rear brakes system. However, now, after driving the truck, the amber C2202 (Original VIN Mismatch or Missing). Cannot erase code although one time I drive it and the light is out, next time it is on. Now what? If I try with my scan tool to write VIN, I get a message that VIN writing is not allowed. So now what?
Was the hydraulic unit a new or used item? If used, the VIN's don't match and I don't believe you can change that. It's a one time write in the ABS.
Ahhhhhhhh

You are correct! But I found a way around that just a few moments ago. The electrical part of the ABS module comes off. So, I switched that from the one to the other and now the light is off and the brakes are fine.
ricmorin

Re: 2008 Dodge RAM: Bleeding Brakes - What Am I Missing? - F

Post by ricmorin »

Good to know! Used unit is ok for hydraulic issue as long as you swap the electrics. Have faulty electrics and a new one is in order. Thanks for sharing.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders

Return to “Dodge Trucks / Jeep”