2007 Dodge Grand Caravan Blower Motor Resistor Failure FIXED

Specific repair issues for Dodge RWD trucks, vans + Jeep products
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan Blower Motor Resistor Failure F

Post by steven kiser »

Oh ya, one more thing. I've lost count of how many ground issues I've dealt with on these. About one third show up after the part or parts have heated up a bit from being turned on. A quick test is to grab, in this case the blower motor after it's been running a bit. If it's extremely warm or hot to the touch it's probably a ground issue where it attaches to the dash or firewall. If the interior lights or headlamps seem to flicker a bit when blower is on and warmed up look for a ground issue and do it quick before the BCM burns up.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Tim Martin
2.5K Uber Ninja Contributor

Post by Tim Martin »

Ok, so this van is back. Same problem. No high speed on the blower. Same issue. Blower motor resistor is blown out. Motor draw is within specs. What am I missing? And, no, there is no evidence in the wiring harness of overheating. The customer is getting exasparated about this. The last time, we installed all OEM parts.
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

If the blower is not exceeding amperage and the pin fit was good then it is a parts failure. OE does not mean it cannot fail. I had two Chrysler modules defective out of the box, two Delco injection pumps defective and one Motorcraft egr valve recently.
Tim Martin

Post by Tim Martin »

I spoke with a tech from the local Chrysler dealer explaining the problem with this van. His reply: Yes, Chrysler had alot of issues during those years with HVAC systems. Said some never got fixed cause even Chrysler did not know what to do.

Big help!

I replaced motor and resistor. We'll see how long it goes.

Return to “Dodge Trucks / Jeep”