2001 Dodge Van 3500 - Rear Evap Core

Specific repair issues for Dodge RWD trucks, vans + Jeep products
nickscarcare
750 Club: World Class Contributor

2001 Dodge Van 3500 - Rear Evap Core

Post by nickscarcare »

Does anyone know of a place to get the rear evap cores for this thing. The customer had someone repair one line under the vehicle with a compression fitting last year. Now they are here with it leaking again. The line above the nut going into the rear evap unit has a hole in it, along with dye coming from where it was repaired already, and the other nut has some dy on it also. The dealer and everyone else is telling me it is discontinued. Part #5003107AA. I want to replace both lines, the evap core, and drier, but can't locate a evap core. I don't want to repair the line as the others are leaking and only going to keep leaking, and don't want to keep doing it over.
Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know why I look this way. I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.

507-345-6425
http://www.nickscarcare.com
nickscarcare

Re: 2001 Dodge Van 3500 - Rear Evap Core

Post by nickscarcare »

I guess since there was no reply that the evap core for these things are a part of the past!!! Feel sorry for anyone who has them. Guess its time to eliminate the rear a/c. :cry:
Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know why I look this way. I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.

507-345-6425
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

I just looked and sadly I think you right. I have a place called aapak in phoenix that may be of help. 1-800-832-5544
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by steven kiser »

in the past when i've run into these little issues i've been able to find "close enough" ones by looking through catalogues. i've had to attach brackets or reworked a line or two but i've always made it work. as far as i know there are still all sorts of fittings and connectors available (ever cool) comes to mind. if this were in my shop i would convert a close enough evaporator to fit and rework the lines. this may be more efficient that by passing the rear evap. i think the condenser is different as well as a few other parts. then on the other hand, with the system being over 10 years old there may be a lot of unrelated a/c parts that are on the verge of failing. not that these had issues with condensers, driers, expansion valves, etc. don't allow yourself to be set up for "i wouldn't have done it if i knew this could have happened".
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Tim Martin
2.5K Uber Ninja Contributor
2.5K Uber Ninja Contributor

Post by Tim Martin »

Has the dealer checked the possibility of another dealer and or warehouse having it? They can do it with their computer connections. Surely somewhere in this supposedly great country of the USA there is one stuck somewhere. I find it hard to believe that an 01 part is already obsolete and not available. Although I will admit that at times when I do AC work, getting parts is developing into a real chore.
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

agreed, the number is still listed, and like tim stated, i really don't think there is a dealer that has taken this number off line because they can retail it for a killer price.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
nickscarcare

Post by nickscarcare »

Well unless the parts guy at the dealer didn't actually look, he told me none available nationwide. That is all I can go off of. I did find a place close to here (100 miles away), that says they may be able to find one that would work. I think the customer did decide though that he wants it blocked off. Told him no warranty!! He is buying a power inverter and a room air conditioner to put in the back. I told him the only way I warranty it is to do it right.

507-345-6425
fortknoxx
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor

Post by fortknoxx »

just checked with my dealer. NFG!
T-N-T (Tina Nuse-Tolar)
Gone but not forgotten...Camper Bob's

609-760-7079 Cell
nickscarcare

Post by nickscarcare »

Well customer decided to do a rear block off kit. I found these at a place in state that I just had to disconnect the hoses to the rear a/c and they bolt right in place. I told him about all the other parts that could be bad also and this is the way he wanted to go besides not spending a couple grand to get it all fixed, since the hoses to the rear were both leaking also. Didn't see any leaks when it left so hopefully it lasts.

507-345-6425

Return to “Dodge Trucks / Jeep”