1998 Chrysler Town & Country - 3.3L P1695

Specific repair issues for Dodge RWD trucks, vans + Jeep products
nokomisauto
25 Club: Starting Contributor

1998 Chrysler Town & Country - 3.3L P1695

Post by nokomisauto »

Dealing with p1695 code

This has ccd system @ 16 Pin dcl, pin 3 has 2.1 volts and pin 11 has 2.2 volts. Thats with body computer unpluged; that will be right with data wires in that plug but I can not talk to other computers and cluster will not light up. Put new board for dealer and still wont light up and have 12 volts @ pin 2 pink wire and pin 11 red and white wire behind cluster. Van does run, but at times wont start or long crank time. I think I might need body computer because when I plug body computer, the pin volts on data pin 3, 11 drops to .045 or .030 volts.

I am looking for help on this van before we order body computer.

Thank You
Ray
32MOONER

Re: 1998 Chrysler Town & Country - 3.3L P1695

Post by 32MOONER »

MAKE SURE YOU CHECK ALL THE WIRING CLOSE AT THE BODY MODULE HARNESS FOR LOOSE OR BROKEN WIRES IN THE BULK HEAD. IF YOU HAVE A FAST SCOPE YOU CAN BACK PROB THE DATA LINES FOR A GOOD PATTERN TO SEE IF IT IS ACTUALLY ON LINE OR THE PROBLEM IS THE BODY MODULE. HOPE THAT HELPS
32MOONER
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

Welcome to the Forum 32Mooner and thanks for your input.

I'm not sure if you noticed but that post is over a year old. The OP likely has fixed this vehicle and never notified us. We do appreciate input though.

Aside from that, if you could please not post in Caps it would be appreciated. It makes things difficult to read and is the posting equivalent of shouting. :cry:
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

Ahhhh, the cap issue. I remember when I first started I would do the same thing. I use caps on work orders in the customer note section and would forget to switch back when on my first response in the forum. The good old days :lol: .
Tim had his hands full with me.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Return to “Dodge Trucks / Jeep”