2000 Dodge R3500 Truck ABS Code 67

Specific repair issues for Dodge RWD trucks, vans + Jeep products
Tim Martin
2.5K Uber Ninja Contributor

2000 Dodge R3500 Truck ABS Code 67

Post by Tim Martin »

This 2000 R3500 truck has a code 67 in the ABS module. The issue is that the ABS pump runs all the time. So, to be able to drive the truck we have the pump disconnected. However, there is no code 67 in the ABS diagnostics from MOD. Now where do I go? What is making the pump run when the engine is not running nor is the vehicle in motion nor is the brakes being applied?
sbebenelli
750 Club: World Class Contributor
750 Club: World Class Contributor

Re: 2000 Dodge R3500 Truck ABS Code 67

Post by sbebenelli »

From past experience the Controller Anti-Lock Brake (CAB) Module is bad.
Tim Martin

Post by Tim Martin »

Is there any testing that can be done for it or do I simply replace it? The way it looks the ABS pump and computer is a single unit.

An I wonder what the price of that will be.

Customer wonders too.
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by steven kiser »

Sounds like module is junk. It's a part that needs to be programmed (so i read) i've installed used ones but i cross with vehicle specs. There may be 2 or 4w abs, tire size, diff ratio, and i think that's it. Ratio shouldn't be an issue, i think there weren't that many choices. The reman from the dealer is under 600 bucks, at least that's what i read. Some dealers will program for free or discounted if parts are purchased through them.

You may want to warn the customer that when the module is replaced you may have other issues to resolve with the brakes. On occasion i've had a module triggered by a bad front sensor and not reset so when the module is replaced the light may be on or pedal feels funny. If this is the first time it's triggered some crapolla may be in the system and it may need a good flushing. I've been caught flat footed by bleeders that won't open or quote a replacement and find out it needs a 4 wheel brake job.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Return to “Dodge Trucks / Jeep”