2010 Dodge RAM 3500 - Wiring Diagram Question

Specific repair issues for Dodge RWD trucks, vans + Jeep products
james carter

2010 Dodge RAM 3500 - Wiring Diagram Question

Post by james carter »

Does anyone have any idea why the wiring schematics are showing 4 exhaust temp sensor and the truck I am working on ( build date 03-10) only has 3.
I am a little confused.

James
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: 2010 Dodge RAM 3500 - Wiring Diagram Question

Post by ricmorin »

Welcome to the Forum.

The dotted lines on the common control circuit can indicate optional circuitry, which leads me to believe that one of those sensors may be optional. Perhaps a California emissions option?

I also checked one year up and one year down to be sure. 2009 only shows one sensor and 2011 shows 4 also.

Don't forget that one is mounted on the turbo, not in the exhaust pipe.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

I also looked into the one on the turbo and since there are always wording issues when it comes to parts I agree even though it's called a pressure sensor. Reminds me of when Toyota first came out with the Air Fuel Ratio sensors. I lost count of 02 sensors I removed from manifolds. I think the 4th option may be for an additional gauge.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
james carter

Post by james carter »

Thanks, I was not aware of the one on the turbo. I will look into it when I return to the shop tonight. Thanks once again
james carter

Re: 2010 Dodge RAM 3500 - Wiring Diagram Question FIXED

Post by james carter »

Thanks to all, After going back to the wiring and pulling up the schematic on Dealer connect. there is only 3 sensors. Had the ECM updated (reflashed) it seem to solve my problem. The customer had a H&S programmer on the truck earlier and removed it to sale the truck and it seems that the programer left an programming type of trace (don't ask me). Regaurdless the update to the ECM solved it. Thanks again.
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

Glad it's fixed and thanks for posting it. I've never seen an add on system effect the computer so it needed to be re programmed. I just happened to look up any recalls on this truck and there were a few about performance. I'm wondering if the dealer charged you and submitted a warranty claim. Never mind, this never happens. :lol:
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Return to “Dodge Trucks / Jeep”