Manager 7.5 looks awesome- Test Driving it now

Shop Management Software Release News for SE
localheroes

Manager 7.5 looks awesome- Test Driving it now

Post by localheroes »

We Installed it at one of our shops - test driving this weekend. Love the new features such as texting, Lube stickers, Validations, etc.... Install was flawless. Did it first on host and then WS found it automatically. Great Job Mitchell. Still need to check out the new reports and such. We use a DYMO Lube Sticker printer.
Mike- CFO/IT

Local Hereos
sbebenelli
750 Club: World Class Contributor

Re: Manager 7.5 looks awesome- Test Driving it now

Post by sbebenelli »

Can you elaborate about the texting? What's the cost?
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

sbebenelli wrote:Can you elaborate about the texting? What's the cost?
I believe texting will be part of the program, not an add-on.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
sbebenelli

Post by sbebenelli »

ricmorin wrote:
sbebenelli wrote:Can you elaborate about the texting? What's the cost?
I believe texting will be part of the program, not an add-on.
We've used Mitchell for 11 years and this will be one of the best features they have added since getting the program.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

We'll be posting full details this week. In a nutshell, we are including the expanded reports & lube sticker printing; the texting will be an option at $29 per month as it incurs outside costs.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
nessauto
100 Club: Active Contributor

Post by nessauto »

How do we find out exactly what's in it? Also I see there's a download on the m1 files. Are we to download this or will the system trigger to download it automatically at a later date? If it's a later date how long do you anticipate that to be?
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

nessauto wrote:How do we find out exactly what's in it? Also I see there's a download on the m1 files. Are we to download this or will the system trigger to download it automatically at a later date? If it's a later date how long do you anticipate that to be?
As with every SE release - the 'What's New in this Release?' button on the splash screen supplies the answers. Some highlights are also shown here: http://managerforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=154&t=13336

Manager SE official releases are made available by customer account numbers in groups of hundreds and eventually thousands. We stage this over weeks of time in order to load balance for technical support. There is no way to predict which batch your account # would fall in. If you want it right now, we have made it available here at the top of this page: http://m1faqs.com/fix/
Tim McDonnell -
Rich
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor

Post by Rich »

nessauto wrote:How do we find out exactly what's in it? Also I see there's a download on the m1 files. Are we to download this or will the system trigger to download it automatically at a later date? If it's a later date how long do you anticipate that to be?
In the past M1 has released the updates in small pieces of pie. This way 10k of us don't get it all at once and flood TS if there is an issue. I like to wait until they send to me. We fix cars, we let M1 do the DATA.......
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
nessauto

Post by nessauto »

Mitchell have issues with updates ........Neeeveeerrrr. I think this sounds like it's soon. I'll take my chances on the pool that some of the issues are fixed before I get it. Sound like it's alot of good upgrades.

Can't wait till they get with the times and get a integrated dvi so we can get rid of Bolt On!
rhillig
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Post by rhillig »

I suppose it's not possible to keep the same text number we have with bolt on :shock: :?:
A year from now you will wish you had started TODAY ~ Karen Lamb
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

rhillig wrote:I suppose it's not possible to keep the same text number we have with bolt on :shock: :?:
Sorry it is not; MessageCenter uses texting #s from our provider.
Tim McDonnell -
GUTHTIRE
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor

Post by GUTHTIRE »

From what I've read, we've yet to install it, it seems that 7.5 has some nice new features. It's possible that I may have missed a few posts but some of the items were not requested from the user community. Not trying to knock development in any way but some of these things are "nice-to-have" items whereas there are other items that are a daily hindrance that would really make things go smoother in our lives.

I believe this has been asked previously in another thread but here goes...is there a development list of items that are being worked on so we can see what's coming and when? This way, if we've entered something in the forum we can see if it's on your list or not, it's priority, estimated time frame, etc. Along these lines, is there a team in development that works on features and another team that works on bug fixes? Are there two different lists?
Dan
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

GUTHTIRE wrote:...is there a development list of items that are being worked on so we can see what's coming and when? This way, if we've entered something in the forum we can see if it's on your list or not, it's priority, estimated time frame, etc. Along these lines, is there a team in development that works on features and another team that works on bug fixes? Are there two different lists?
There is one shop management development team; we write the stories and they estimate how much time (points) and we calculate what could fit in a particular time period towards a release.

The purpose of the Enhancements List on the forum is to let users know that we have it recorded and therefore don't need to post again. The list is of user requests and not actual commitments.This list is used from time-to-time to add items into development stories (requested behavior in user interface and how the change is to be accomplished, dependencies on stored processes, etc.) that could be scheduled for some future release. In addition to the forum requests, we also monitor weekly reports from tech support customer interactions. if I tried to add those here, the Enhancements list would be at least 10 time larger than it is today.

Keep in mind that fixing a problem for thousands of users will always take priority over the nice-to-haves. We all have items that we believe are top priority, tech support feedback almost always overrules that.
There are also weekly backlog meetings held to discuss which items (dev stories) can move ahead, which interconnected items should be addressed at the same time and which items will have to be delayed to a future release period in order to get the fixes done. There are a lot of moving pieces involved and it would be a full-time job for 1 or 2 people trying to keep it updated. Management reminds me that there are aspects to product management they insist I work on, so that's the deal.

One of my year-end goals is to better state what the Enhancement Request list is relative to the actual development process and updating both the Current and Finished items. That will also include removing some requests that are simply not in the cards at all. Keep the input coming, we will get it recorded. If there is an inquiry about a specific item, we can usually reply it's on radar however dates always change.
Tim McDonnell -
BenjaminPeterson
50 Club: Regular Contributor
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Post by BenjaminPeterson »

Automatically Add Recommendation to Vehicle for next Oil Change

On this feature does it delete the old recommendation or have the same issue that bolt on does where if you do a oil change before the recommend date it will still remind them unless we manually delete it.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

BenjaminPeterson wrote:Automatically Add Recommendation to Vehicle for next Oil Change

On this feature does it delete the old recommendation or have the same issue that bolt on does where if you do a oil change before the recommend date it will still remind them unless we manually delete it.
Verified - this is true.
Tim McDonnell -
rhillig

Post by rhillig »

Does the texting in Mitchell send an appointment reminder, like the bolt on product did?
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

rhillig wrote:Does the texting in Mitchell send an appointment reminder, like the bolt on product did?
In this initial phase, MessageCenter itself doesn't have the automation. However if the shop also has texting with SocialCRM, the reminders can be sent.
Tim McDonnell -
rhillig

Post by rhillig »

timbre4 wrote:
rhillig wrote:Does the texting in Mitchell send an appointment reminder, like the bolt on product did?
In this initial phase, MessageCenter itself doesn't have the automation. However if the shop also has texting with SocialCRM, the reminders can be sent.
Good to know - at this point we can just manually remind them!

Return to “SE News”