ProSpect

Shop Management Software Release News for SE
nessauto
100 Club: Active Contributor
100 Club: Active Contributor

ProSpect

Post by nessauto »

With Michtell releasing Prospect at SEMA, Does anyone know what the cost will be. Maybe we'll hear soon but it would be great to see pricing and a video of it.
dandsautoandtruck
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Re: Pro Spect

Post by dandsautoandtruck »

What IOS requirements.
D&S
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: ProSpect

Post by timbre4 »

We previewed ProSpect at the 2018 AAPEX show a few days ago; it has a targeted release date of Nov 26th. We will be releasing a lot of information on this starting in a few days.

The initial version of ProSpect is iOS 12 or better (iPad / iPhone) initially with an Android version in the works by early 2019.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
BenjaminPeterson
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Post by BenjaminPeterson »

Most people use android why would you not have that at the release?
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

BenjaminPeterson wrote:Most people use android why would you not have that at the release?
That would be because it was developed on iOS first and shown to us in that form; we also had been getting requests for Apple devices. We expect the Android version to become available after the holidays.
Tim McDonnell -
BenjaminPeterson

timbre4 wrote:
BenjaminPeterson wrote:Most people use android why would you not have that at the release?
That would be because it was developed on iOS first and shown to us in that form; we also had been getting requests for Apple devices. We expect the Android version to become available after the holidays.
I understand that but that would be like releasing a new software in Linux while I would love it most people would look at you cross eyed. But thank you for the the eta for the android update can't wait for the release.
Last edited by BenjaminPeterson on Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
sbebenelli
750 Club: World Class Contributor
750 Club: World Class Contributor

Post by sbebenelli »

I'm not sure the term "most people" is 100% accurate. 1 billion iPhones have been sold and most people I hang around with owns one. :?:

This number does not include the iPad. Other than the Amazon Fire Tablet I never see android tablets being used.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

BenjaminPeterson wrote:
timbre4 wrote:
I understand that but that would be like releasing a new software in Linux while I would love it most people would look at you cross eyed. But thank you for the the eta for the android update.
You'll have to trust me there are many moving pieces involved; the Android version would not been ready for AAPEX/SEMA show 2 weeks ago, which is one of our biggest opportunities to premiere it to the industry. Companies like to have something shiny and new for such venues. :wink:
Tim McDonnell -
BenjaminPeterson

sbebenelli wrote:
I'm not sure the term "most people" is 100% accurate. 1 billion iPhones have been sold and most people I hang around with owns one. :?:

This number does not include the iPad. Other than the Amazon Fire Tablet I never see android tablets being used.
Okay I will go by 33% of the market share since android has 2 billion active users monthly and the last update from apple shows 1 billion active monthly users. So still think most would apply but loosely.
BenjaminPeterson

timbre4 wrote:You'll have to trust me there are many moving pieces involved; the Android version would not been ready for AAPEX/SEMA show 2 weeks ago, which is one of our biggest opportunities to premiere it to the industry. Companies like to have something shiny and new for such venues. :wink:
Without a doubt, I understand why just was hoping it would be ready on release. If you think about it most people who use the inspection software use bolt-on which is if I remember only android base.
NAPAFARM

Re: ProSpect

Post by NAPAFARM »

IT WOULD BE NICE TO SEE PROSPECT COME TO THE WINDOWS APP STORE I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO USE MY SURFACE TABLET THANKS

Return to “SE News”