2004 Honda Accord - No Start

Specific repair issues for Honda & Acura vehicles
B&BAUTO2011

2004 Honda Accord - No Start

Post by B&BAUTO2011 »

I have a 2004 Honda Accord that got towed in.

No start, has spark and injector pulse, vehicle has zero compression all cylinders, timing chain still intact, crank and both cams are turning. Was told by customer she came out to the car 1 hr.after driving and the car wouldn't start.
Tim Martin
2.5K Uber Ninja Contributor
2.5K Uber Ninja Contributor

Re: 04 honda accord no start

Post by Tim Martin »

Well, the first thing I would be checking for proper timing of the crankshaft and camshafts and the chain. Only way there is no compression is for this to be out of time.
Jeff @ Able Auto
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor

Re: 04 honda accord no start

Post by Jeff @ Able Auto »

I would verify mechanical timing. If that checked out then next do a cylinder leak down test. Another remote possibility would be the snout of the crankshaft broken behind the first main bearing.
Jeff Fitzgerald - retired
Treasure Coast of Florida
"there will be enough time to sleep when we're dead"
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: 2004 Honda Accord - No Start

Post by steven kiser »

Going old school here so get ready. Customers do lie about things especially if it involves fails like this. I've discovered that "running fine" means it got me there not ecessarily smooth and sweet. Is there a boy / girlfriend involved in using this vehicle? Was it just serviced, has this happened before? I've seen these vehicles experience low compression type symptoms because of work timing chains not tightening up on occasion after car starts or prior to it starting. Right now you could have washed cylinders from to much gas because one or all injectors dumped fuel. A severely plugged exhaust may give you compression issues. At this point if it were in my shop I would remove the Ox sensors or drop the front pipe then either pull the fuse or relay for fuel pump, put a battery charger on it and crank the heck out of it as you would to clear flood. Had the customer just filled the tank, anything out of the ordinary? I would pump a few squirts of oil into #1 cylinder and see if compression builds up. Another thing I've been stung with in the past is head banging because of damaged diagnostic tool. Situation just like this where low compression threw me way off causing me to look in other directions for an answer and discovering the port on my compression tester adapter hose was clogged with crap. This whole issue may be the result of a low battery not giving the engine enough spin to start and washing the cylinders with fuel. Good Luck and welcome to the Forum.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
92zman
200 Club: Major Contributor
200 Club: Major Contributor

Re: 2004 Honda Accord - No Start

Post by 92zman »

Does it has fuel PSI. Pass that timing chain jump???

Return to “Honda / Acura”