2017 Honda Ridgeline - Info Available?

Specific repair issues for Honda & Acura vehicles
Sauvageaus
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

2017 Honda Ridgeline - Info Available?

Post by Sauvageaus »

Close friend brought in a brand new vehicle he just got off the lot and its a 2017 Honda Ridgeline, I can't even look up the vehicle anywhere or add it to the Invoice and couldn't find anything in ProDemand any thoughts?

VIN: 5FPYK3F87HB001131
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: 2017 Honda Ridgeline

Post by ricmorin »

My thoughts are it takes time to get this information into the program. Unless you're the servicing dealer, it's unlikely ANY service provider would have much information on this vehicle yet. That's pretty much how it works today. Compare this to 25 years ago when you had to wait for the BOOK to be printed. We've got it pretty good.

With regards to Manager, I'd simply enter my information manually until it decodes. With ProDemand, any information I would need is a phone call away and at this point would likely be simple maintenance data. Mitchell1 has access to the manufacturer's websites for anything you might need.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
Sauvageaus

Post by Sauvageaus »

ricmorin wrote:My thoughts are it takes time to get this information into the program. Unless you're the servicing dealer, it's unlikely ANY service provider would have much information on this vehicle yet. That's pretty much how it works today. Compare this to 25 years ago when you had to wait for the BOOK to be printed. We've got it pretty good.

With regards to Manager, I'd simply enter my information manually until it decodes. With ProDemand, any information I would need is a phone call away and at this point would likely be simple maintenance data. Mitchell1 has access to the manufacturer's websites for anything you might need.
Oh I know, information isn't easy and know it takes time to get all of that. The guy is a close family friend and will only bring his work here. Was just curious if there was a way to manually enter it as I can't choose 2017 or Honda Ridgeline but was able to get all the information for the Oil Change.
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

You can enter 2017. It's not in the drop-down list but I'd expect to show up in an update soon. In the meantime, you can manually type 2017 and you'll get a window asking you to make it a custom attribute. Just say yes. Same goes for the other fields. Manually type the information you have. In a few months the vin will decode. No worries until then. :D
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

There have been a few times I've had to manually load information. Mostly Medium to Heavy Trucks. On occasion new vehicles and I had to push myself past the "Just push past the fields and call for parts" syndrome. The system is smarter than I am and has made corrections especially with "Lic plate lookup" a reversed number has caused havoc on occasion and as much as it pains me I need to slow down and make sure everything is correct, trying to eliminate tactical errors.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Sauvageaus

Post by Sauvageaus »

ricmorin wrote:You can enter 2017. It's not in the drop-down list but I'd expect to show up in an update soon. In the meantime, you can manually type 2017 and you'll get a window asking you to make it a custom attribute. Just say yes. Same goes for the other fields. Manually type the information you have. In a few months the vin will decode. No worries until then. :D
Had no clue that would work, entered it manually and it worked perfect thanks again!

Return to “Honda / Acura”