2006 Honda Pilot - Trailer Fuses?

Specific repair issues for Honda & Acura vehicles
Hardwood
25 Club: Starting Contributor

2006 Honda Pilot - Trailer Fuses?

Post by Hardwood »

Wow, I cannot believe how hard something can be.

The trailer harness has two fuses to protect the Pilot from a shorted trailer wiring harness. The Left Turn signal/brake light fuse for the trailer must be blown, but Mitchell does not have the trailer light module listed in the component locater.

I gave up searching for it in the truck as it appeared to be underneath the cargo storage area, which requires removal of the rear side panels, etc...
My customer did not want to wait any longer (already burned an hour).

Really, Honda? My customer is headed to the dealer to find the blown fuse.

In the meantime, does anyone know where the fuses are located? I am talking about the two 7.5 amp fuses that should be easily accessible in case of a trailer that pops them. Fixed the trailer, now where is the fuse?

Laughing now but it is pathetic to have no resources available to find a silly pair of fuses.

End of rant....
ASE Master Technician
Minnetonka Auto Service
2810 Hedberg Drive
Minnetonka, MN 55305
952-593-0586
http://www.MinnetonkaAutoService.com
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: 2006 Honda Pilot - Trailer Fuses?

Post by steven kiser »

you were correct. in line fuse in left cargo area panel.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Hardwood

Post by Hardwood »

The only thing I could find in the left rear cargo area was the spare tire jack and tools. There is a little trap door which you can reach your hand into, and all I could feel in there was the VTM module over the left rear wheel area. I could see that the wiring harness from the trailer wiring break-out connector runs under the black plastic cargo tray (which is trapped on each side by the side panels).

The wiring harness heads towards the left side near the jack and tools area, but I could not follow any further since it is a tight fit under the cargo tray...

I was trying to find the trailer lighting module, and gave up after realizing how fruitless it is to look for something that you have no idea where to look, or what the trailer lighting module looks like. I knew if I found the module, the fuses would be right there.

A picture is worth a thousand words here. No pictures and no mention of the trailer lighting module in the electrical component locater made me look like a fool. So much for complete repair information that day.

Any Honda techs out there able to submit a picture? That would be great!

Thank you.
ASE Master Technician
Minnetonka Auto Service
2810 Hedberg Drive
Minnetonka, MN 55305
952-593-0586
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

best i can do is left cargo area. in line fuses appear to be just before the module........
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Hardwood

Post by Hardwood »

Did you have to remove the whole trim area, or were you able to sneak them out without completely dismantling the rear cargo area?

And again, I wasn't able to find the trailer module, only the VTM module.

Thanks for helping!
ASE Master Technician
Minnetonka Auto Service
2810 Hedberg Drive
Minnetonka, MN 55305
952-593-0586
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

unfortunately i have hands like feet. the interior panel, at least at my level would have to be removed. if it wasn't i'de look like i reached down and grabbed a raccoon. :shock: don't ever try it. did you read my p.m.

Return to “Honda / Acura”