2000 Honda Accord EX - Rain No Start

Specific repair issues for Honda & Acura vehicles
alphaauto
25 Club: Starting Contributor

2000 Honda Accord EX - Rain No Start

Post by alphaauto »

I have a 2000 Honda accord ex, That customer states that only when it rains outside & car has sat in the rain.IT will start for a second cut off & then try to restart crank for a long period then starts (with no stumble) just fires right up. No codes present in system .......Happens only when it rains outside & car has sat in rain.If she uses car during the day it starts every time. Has happened more often lately then in previous times.
Cory
100 Club: Active Contributor
100 Club: Active Contributor

Re: 2000 Honda Accord EX - Rain No Start

Post by Cory »

These cars are notorious for faulty Fuel Injection Relay Module failure. We have seen this so much, and it makes sense in your case. We see these fail a lot in hot weather too. Sometimes if you tap the module the vehicle will start. The module is located in drivers kick panel, by the brake pedal.
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: 2000 Honda Accord EX - Rain No Start

Post by steven kiser »

agree with above. look at the power distribution box on the kick panel on the left side. we run into a lot of driveability issues because the rain water drips onto it and shorts it out. i also find that the older cars with the fuse box there have issues with it rotting away because people don't kick the snow off their boots when getting in and they carry road salt in with the snow. pull the fuse box off and look in the back for rotted wiring. on a little warning note here, if you're going to do this you may want to warn the customer that by moving the panel any compromised connection may fail and there is sits unless it's repaired at whatever cost. i know i'm rambling here but whatever. years ago i got into the habit of cutting off harnesses from vehicles going to the junker. i also save the lighting harnesses that are replaced when a new lens assembly comes with the harness. i can go into my big box of connectors and at worst case find the leads i need to replace the damaged ones. i remember years ago toyota's had a similar issue and i was able to remove all the damaged wiring and relocate it and use an after market fuse panel. enough here...........
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Return to “Honda / Acura”