2007 Honda CRV Instrument Panel Flickering

Specific repair issues for Honda & Acura vehicles
LMORRIS249
25 Club: Starting Contributor

2007 Honda CRV Instrument Panel Flickering

Post by LMORRIS249 »

CHECKED CHARGING SYSTEM. REPLACED BATTERY, ALTERNATOR GOOD. CAR RUNS GOOD. EVERTHING ELSE IS NORMAL
fortknoxx
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor

Re: 2007 Honda CRV Instrument Panel Flickering

Post by fortknoxx »

was this ever a wreck? sounds like a loose plug or so like that
T-N-T (Tina Nuse-Tolar)
Gone but not forgotten...Camper Bob's

609-760-7079 Cell
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: 2007 Honda CRV Instrument Panel Flickering

Post by steven kiser »

are the rest of the lights flickering as well? when i see this i watch the interior light for flickering along with the dash. if yes use a bar graph meter to watch the alternator out put. amps must be read. the voltage may be consistent (at the meter level) but all it takes is an amp jump. this may be an alternator issue or something as off the wall as a door lock actuator. another quick way to help eliminate the alternator is to pull the fuse. if the flickering stops then either the alternator is bad or something is pulling it down. another thing to look for is a pattern. is the flickering a constant pattern or random. i would also feel each relay as it's flickering. you may feel it vibrating or hear one buzzing. is this flickering an alarm issue? i've seen alarms cause issues like this. check the grounds on the block, body and under dash.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Return to “Honda / Acura”