2006 Honda Accord - V6 A/C Not Cold @ Idle FIXED

Specific repair issues for Honda & Acura vehicles
Mark F

2006 Honda Accord - V6 A/C Not Cold @ Idle FIXED

Post by Mark F »

Not blowing cold at idle. Above 15 hundred blows colder. Charge is correct, fans working, compressor on. Checked heater valve working correctly. Anyone come across this problem, I'm thinking compressor ?? Thanks Mark
Jeff @ Able Auto
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor

Re: 06 Honda Accord V6 A/C

Post by Jeff @ Able Auto »

What are the pressures at 1500 and at idle? Outlet temp and ambient temp at idle and 1500? How cold is the low line coming out of the evap?
Jeff Fitzgerald - retired
Treasure Coast of Florida
"there will be enough time to sleep when we're dead"
Mark F

Post by Mark F »

Jeff @ Able Auto wrote:What are the pressures at 1500 and at idle? Outlet temp and ambient temp at idle and 1500? How cold is the low line coming out of the evap?
low side 28 at 15 hundred 45 at idle. high side reading normal. Low line not that cold out of evap. Outlet temp at 15 hundred 58 deg. ambient temp 88.
Jeff @ Able Auto

Post by Jeff @ Able Auto »

30 degree gain aint bad. Might be some restriction,or a slow/sticking expansion valve, depending on high pressures. Make sure the condensor is clear, not full of bugs etc.
Jeff Fitzgerald - retired
Treasure Coast of Florida
"there will be enough time to sleep when we're dead"
Mark F

Post by Mark F »

Jeff @ Able Auto wrote:30 degree gain aint bad. Might be some restriction,or a slow/sticking expansion valve, depending on high pressures. Make sure the condensor is clear, not full of bugs etc.
Condenser new about 1 year ago and is clean. I forgot about the expansion valve, i'm going there first , i will let you know. The old memory is not what it use to be. Thanks Mark
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: 2006 Honda Accord - V6 A/C Not Cold @ Idle

Post by steven kiser »

let us not forget restricted vents in the evaporator or other restriction in the air ducts. i will turn the temp high and then cold and see if there is a significant change in the air flow. if it's less when it's on cold the blend door may be compromised or the fins plugged. you say "charge is correct", does this mean it has been evacuated and recharged? if no, then i would do it, if yes and it's been done a few times i would strongly suggest evacuation and then flushing the system out. if oil was added during every recharge that may be "your sign". :lol: as a rule a restricted line or slow expansion valve will cause a slow increase in pressure as the idle is raised...............................good luck.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Mark F

Re: 2006 Honda Accord - V6 A/C Not Cold @ Idle

Post by Mark F »

steven kiser wrote:let us not forget restricted vents in the evaporator or other restriction in the air ducts. i will turn the temp high and then cold and see if there is a significant change in the air flow. if it's less when it's on cold the blend door may be compromised or the fins plugged. you say "charge is correct", does this mean it has been evacuated and recharged? if no, then i would do it, if yes and it's been done a few times i would strongly suggest evacuation and then flushing the system out. if oil was added during every recharge that may be "your sign". :lol: as a rule a restricted line or slow expansion valve will cause a slow increase in pressure as the idle is raised...............................good luck.
Found out compressor was no good. Thank you all for your input. Mark.

Return to “Honda / Acura”