2007 Honda CRV - Code P0341

Specific repair issues for Honda & Acura vehicles
HINEMANS

2007 Honda CRV - Code P0341

Post by HINEMANS »

Car came in for mil light and had a p0341 code.

After checking some of the easy stuff and not finding a problem, we replaced the oil control solenoid with recommendation from the dealer. After clearing codes and running relearn and a test drive there was no light. When restarted the next day light came back on after about 10 sec, same code. Tried running relearns again and cleared code. No light, long test drive passed all obd monitors except evap. Thought okay but let sit for a night again. Started next day, same p0341. Wondering if this could be an oil issue?

Looking for ideas.
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Re: 07 honda crv p0341

Post by brianp87 »

1. First check for a sticking vtc solenoid. To check the solenoid, remove it from the front timing cover and power and ground it and verify it moves freely and opens and closes.

2. If the solenoid operates, then remove the valve cover and verify the timing chain has not jumped and the VTC gear is not stuck in the advanced position. To check the VTC gear, hold the timing chain and turn the intake camshaft with a wrench and verify the VTC gear is in the locked position.
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: 07 honda crv p0341

Post by ricmorin »

Good advice. Also, check mechanical timing. I've seen some of these on 04-05 motors become out of time from improper maintenance. Lots of miles on it? Hows the internal engine condition? Sludgy?
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders

Return to “Honda / Acura”