2008 Honda Accord - No Key Power Up FIXED

Specific repair issues for Honda & Acura vehicles
gale
50 Club: Regular Contributor

2008 Honda Accord - No Key Power Up FIXED

Post by gale »

We have an Interesting problem, 2008 Honda Accord EX 3.5L V6

When shut car off and take the key out of the ignition the radio and the dash power up for about 5 seconds then will shut off...

We have searched TSB's, our NAPA Fix Website for anything similar and nothing. Have any Suggestions or even heard of?

Gale
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: no key

Post by steven kiser »

Right off i'm thinking feedback, possibly a blown diode in the fuse panel. I've seen improper relays do this.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
brother bubba
300 Club: Superstar Contributor
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Post by brother bubba »

Could be it's actually working like it's supposed to. An undocumented feature, if you will. I'ld read the owner's manual to see if maybe it's mentioned in there.

Measure it with a micrometer, mark it with a piece of chalk, cut it with an axe. Sand it to fit.
gale

Post by gale »

It just actually started acting strange two weeks ago
curtis81
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Post by curtis81 »

my 06 chevrolet truck radio will stay on for 15 minutes or until i open the door
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

Many vehicles have delayed off for the radio but the dash light mentioned in this post doesn't fit. However, it's a point to consider especially if somehow the radio light is tied in with the dash light. Usually i see something like this with add ons. May be a timer module issue.

Does this actually turn on the radio or just the display? If the time is consistent i would look into the timer module or listen for relays powering down and follow that source. Sometimes we have to turn the radio off and close the bay doors to get the shop as quiet as possible so we can here the relay power down. Sometimes i can't hear them but i can feel them.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
gale

Post by gale »

Thank you, for the info, installed a new Timing mod and seems to be working normally now.
Sorry it took so long to thank you but wanted to make sure everything was good, it has been over a month
Again thank you

Gale
steven kiser

Re: 2008 Honda Accord - No Key Power Up FIXED

Post by steven kiser »

Thanks for posting the fix.

Return to “Honda / Acura”