Nissan Murano Cross Cabriolet FIXED

Specific repair issues for Nissan + Infiniti vehicles
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Nissan Murano Cross Cabriolet FIXED

Post by steven kiser »

I'm having a heck of a time with this one. Came in or service after sitting the Winter and the soft top switch was lighting up and flashing. Customer said battery went dead and customer charged it. We replaced the battery and Top went up about 2/3rds of the way and stopped. Found cargo cover had jumped out of latch. Secured it and roof moved and quit. Lights dimmed when switch was mover in rather position. No Codes. Went to pump and found it appeared to be shorted to ground Traced it back to one of the relays on the pump bracket. When I unplugged it short went away, plugged it in it came back, swapped relays and no short so I installed a new one, hit the switch and it may have moved just a bit and it went back to the way it was. My scanner shows trunk in the open position and I'm going to test and replace if necessary. I'm throwing this out hoping that I latch needs replacing and doesn't solve the issue some answers may have been posted. Thanks in advance.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
steven kiser

Re: Nissan Murano Cross Cabriolet

Post by steven kiser »

Fixed the problem. The luggage cover keeps popping off of cleat killing the roof. Can't open the trunk once the roof is activated and I had set it in myself so I knew it was locked in. It was sagging in the middle and sliding out of the cleat killing the motor. Ordered new one from dealer.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Return to “Nissan / Infiniti”