Re: 1995 Nissan Maxima - 3.0L Misfire

Post by protraxrptr17 »

I found it in theory and operation.
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by steven kiser »

i had a 300ZX in the shop a few years ago with the same issue. had me pulling my hair out because nothing added up. everywhere i went 2+2=5. i went to the pcm buried in the console under the radio. i went to check the connector and it was all sticky. it appeared the car owner had on more than a few occasions spilled full cups of coffee while balancing the cup in the same hand she held her cigarettes. either the pcm got over caffeinated or had a nicotine reaction.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
allenjackson

Post by allenjackson »

THE EGR HAS INDIVDUAL TUBES IN INTAKE FOR EACH CYLINDER. ALL BUT ONE OR TWO TUBES GET CARBONED UP, EGR STICKS OPEN CAUSING MISSIS ON THE CYLINDERS THAT THE TUBES ARNT CLOGGED.
Rich
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor

Post by Rich »

Welcome to the Forum Allen! Seams like I just talked to you! I can't believe you don't visit more often! :lol:
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
crmeyers
300 Club: Superstar Contributor
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Post by crmeyers »

Do you know for SURE the two coils are not firing? Because if they are not, then you have to have a wiring or ECU problem - period. The power transistors on this vehicle are located in each individual ignition coil - so that's not it. Nissan's in general have serious connection problems - grounds, connector pins, etc. Make SURE those two coils are not firing first - before you go chasing elsewhere!
Chris Meyers
Service Center Manager
Ocean Air Auto Repair
www.oceanairauto.com
protraxrptr17
100 Club: Active Contributor
100 Club: Active Contributor

Post by protraxrptr17 »

crmeyers wrote:Do you know for SURE the two coils are not firing? Because if they are not, then you have to have a wiring or ECU problem - period. The power transistors on this vehicle are located in each individual ignition coil - so that's not it. Nissan's in general have serious connection problems - grounds, connector pins, etc. Make SURE those two coils are not firing first - before you go chasing elsewhere!
Not what shopkey says.
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

sounds like the most hated diagnostic operation (mine) needs to be performed. back probing. I'd check from pcm plug to coils. my hands are like feet and completely eclipse the plug when i back probe. the stainless back probes i had made are long enough so i can insert into the plug but now my eyes stink so much now i can't focus on the plug while i try to insert the back probe.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Return to “Nissan / Infiniti”