2003 Nissan Altima - 3.5L Stalls FIXED

Specific repair issues for Nissan + Infiniti vehicles
MCONROY90

2003 Nissan Altima - 3.5L Stalls FIXED

Post by MCONROY90 »

HELLO I HAVE A 2003 NISSAN ALTIMA SE 3.5L V6.

THE GUY BROUGHT ME THE CAR AND SAID THAT THE CAR RUNS ROUGH AND WONT GO ABOVE 15MPH. SO I DROVE IT AND THE RPMS WONT SETTLE AND IT WONT GO ABOVE 15 IT STARTS BUCKING AND JERKING. THE CUSTOMER TOLD ME HE HAD THE CAM SENSORS REPLACED AND THE THROTTLE BODY TOO. THE TIMING BELT WAS REPLACED NOT TOO LONG AGO TOO HE SAID. SO I REPLACED THE CAM SENSOR BANK 2 CAUSE I HAD THREE CODES PO345 (CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR PROBLEM BANK 2)
POO11 (BANK 1 A-CAM POSITION TIMING SYS. PERFORM)
POO21 (BANK 2 A-CAM POSITION TIMING SYS PERFORM)
I REPLACED THE CAM SENSOR BANK 2 AND THE CAR WOULDNT EVEN START AFTER THAT. SO I THOUGHT MAYBE CAUSE I WENT AFTERMARKET CAUSE THE CAUSE BUT I WENT STRAIGHT TO THE DEALER AND STILL WONT START AT ALL.

I CANT FIGURE OUT WHATS GOING ON WITH THE CAR NOW ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS OR KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT WOULD CAUSE THIS?
Last edited by MCONROY90 on Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: 2003 NISSAN ALTIMA 3.5L STALLS

Post by steven kiser »

first thing i would do is check timing marks.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Tim Martin
2.5K Uber Ninja Contributor
2.5K Uber Ninja Contributor

Post by Tim Martin »

I have been in situations where similar work was previously performed and I found out that perhaps the best diagnosis is to start with the basics. Fuel pressure, available battery voltage, compression check, and vacuum check. Beings this was opened by another shop, I would then go to the timing marks, as steve also mentioned. It may be there where you will find the problem. Some of those engine had timing sprockets that were marked for more than one engine and the wrong timing mark can easily be used without realizing it. By the way, the 3.5L engine has timing chain not a belt. And I wonder why the chain was replaced. Was there an issue with it? And are all the ground wires connected like they are supposed to be? This can also produce an issue.
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

steven kiser wrote:first thing i would do is check timing marks.
Ditto.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders

Return to “Nissan / Infiniti”