2013 Toyota CamryHybrid - ABS Problem

Specific repair issues for Toyota + Lexus vehicles
nokomisauto
25 Club: Starting Contributor

2013 Toyota CamryHybrid - ABS Problem

Post by nokomisauto »

2013 Toyota Camry Hybrid xle car was a front end hit and it was hard. Abs light is on . I found codes of c1252 and c1253 and c1256 we check ground foe boost pump and powers and have 12.52 volts at wire when applying brake pedal and that is when 12.52 volts come to boost pump motor to turn on pump that don't run. I priced out pump $1600.00 pump plus labor cost I need help before I order pump.

Thank you
Ray
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: 2013 Toyota CamryHybrid abs problem

Post by steven kiser »

The codes work back to pump motor and pump motor relay (52 and 53) the 56 is accumulator low pressure. I would lean towards a leak and pump running until it fried. I believe the voltage you refer to is the trigger current to the relay. It's an amp issue from the relay to pump. Let's say there is a 10 gauge wire feeding the pump and it will carry 50 amps and show battery voltage. The wire got caught between two pieces of hard plastic at the accident and was separated with only 10 % of the strands in tact. The line voltage would be the same but amp load would be greatly reduced. If in fact there is a compromised wire there is a very good possibility the motor will be damaged. The low amps going to it will burn holes in the brush channels.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
nokomisauto
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Post by nokomisauto »

The wiring harness was replace with new harness and all new fuse block with fuse from Toyota I do think that motor went out I ordered part.
Thank you for input.
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

Just a quick point here. When the fuse box was replaced it had the motor relay in it didn't it? I had a huge issue with a Lexus when I replaced the power distribution box because it wasn't set up correctly for my particular application.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Return to “Toyota / Lexus”