2003 Toyota Sequoia - HVAC

Specific repair issues for Toyota + Lexus vehicles
asample
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

2003 Toyota Sequoia - HVAC

Post by asample »

I have a 2003 Toyota Sequoia that came in with lights blinking on HVAC control panel. Compresser engages for just a few seconds then cycles out. Scanned for codes. 21 - Solar Sensor Circuit ( will set if no sunlight is present ) If shine flashlight on sensor code is not present. 41 - Front air mix damper control servo motor circuit. Servo appears to be functioning well at this time. Cleared codes. AC on compressor cycles on then off. 21 resets but no other codes.

Recover and recharge system. Was about 7 ozs low. Still have same issue with proper charge.
Arlin G. Sample
Automotive Services of All Sorts, Inc.
Greeley, CO 80631
970-352-5598
VCAC239
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Re: Sequoia HVAC

Post by VCAC239 »

I know that in that particular year there was a problem with A/C relays on the Camry's. Not sure if it applied to the Sequoia but I'd look for a TSB under the Camry to see what the part number is on the bad relay & compare it to the one your working on.

Jeremy
asample

Re: 2003 Toyota Sequoia - HVAC

Post by asample »

Actually shortly after I posted this through the scanner commanded AC, compressor locked up and stalled the vehicle. Who said, "Back to basics"? Anyway there is a tsb dealing with the suction line being too small and starving the compressor. TSB heading is " AC compressor durability Improvement" and explains and lists parts to be replaced including an inline filter ( Cost $320.00 ). Customer is contemplating what they are going to do. Conservative cost to them is about 2K.

Thanx to those read this plea.

Arlin
Arlin G. Sample
Automotive Services of All Sorts, Inc.
Greeley, CO 80631
970-352-5598
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: 2003 Toyota Sequoia - HVAC

Post by steven kiser »

great to hear about diagnostic successes either on the vehicle or the computer.........................
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Return to “Toyota / Lexus”