1997 Lexus LS400 - No Start

Specific repair issues for Toyota + Lexus vehicles
mopwrforme
200 Club: Major Contributor
200 Club: Major Contributor

1997 Lexus LS400 - No Start

Post by mopwrforme »

Im a little out of my comfort zone with this one.

Customer calls states they think the starter is out of there. lexus ok ill be there today for pick-up. i get there the battery is dead no problem i load it up get it to the shop. put a battery charger on it till its fully charged. while trying to start this thing it will crank but sounds like there is either no fuel preasure, or the timing is off, it sounded like it only had compresstion on 2 cyls. at this point i take some carb cleaner to an intake port (small amount) at first it stumbles a little but then fires right up and runs good :? :? . inspection found the spark plugs are in good shape, fuel pressure is to spec. I did find a open vacume line which i repaired

I have 3 codes p0125 for too cold too long { my translation }
p0155for o2 sensor p0330 for a knock sensor

so far I have put 5gals of primium in it and drove it apx. 30miles with no ck. engine light or problems we had a cold snap a day or two ago i was questioning the p0125 code would a stuck open t-state scramble the o2 to the point of flooding or a no start.in reading the code desrciption im not sure if staying in open loop too long would cause it or not thanks in advance 8) 8)
Last edited by mopwrforme on Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
perfection-automotive.net
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Re: 1997 Lexus LS400 - No Start

Post by brianp87 »

Possible but I dont get very cold up here so no experience there
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by steven kiser »

If the battery was low the slow crank may have caused the flood. Sometimes when it doesn't spin fast enough to fire the injectors will flood. A loose timing belt will add to the issue.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Pauls Automotive
1000 Club: Interstellar
1000 Club: Interstellar

Post by Pauls Automotive »

The P0125 is indicating the heater circuit is not warming up fast enough off of a cold start, the P0155 is a O2 heater circiut malfuction code and the P0330 is either a ghost code due to the previous codes or a seperate problem, however they do sometimes have connector issues. I've seen the O2 sensor go bad a lot on these cars. I would reccomend replaceing them all at once if the customer will go for it to avoid numerous comebacks. After replaceing them I would clear the codes and see if the P0330 comes back. It may not.
Paul
Pauls Automotive
6318 Falls Road
Baltimore, Md 21209
410-825-2224
paul@paulsauto.com
TRUE HAPPINESS IS WITHIN YOU

Return to “Toyota / Lexus”