VAG 1941

Specific repair issues for Audi & Volkswagen vehicles
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

VAG 1941

Post by ricmorin »

Does anyone have this tool? It's for adjusting the cradle on Passats and A4's for camber. I recently purchased one from one of my tool guys and the tool doesn't fit right. I'm hoping I can get some measurements from an actual VW version as this one is from Koch Tools. It's a longshot I know, but worth a try.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
steven kiser

Re: VAG 1941

Post by steven kiser »

Sorry, no help here.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

Ok, so after I Googled it and spent a few looking at Miley's VAG I looked at the tool. Not really much to see in either. I see it's available at Snap On Tools. For some reason years ago I started purchasing all my specialty German tools from AST. The European and Japanese specialty tools from Snappy work fine but the German ones always seem a bit off. I'm wondering if you could get one overnight or in this case from AST, I really don't even know if they make one. My one experience with a German specialty tool from anywhere but the dealer or AST was somewhat like yours. A tool purchased from a reputable tool maker couldn't be incorrect so the vehicle must have been hit or worked on somewhere else and been incorrectly repaired. I had learned the hard way years before not to flap my gums about the vehicle and assume the tool was correct. Just to be clear, I'm saying AST because I can't spell Assunbuger correctly. Everything and I mean everything I've purchased from them has been precise. The first tool fit so perfectly I thought it wasn't inserted correctly because there was no slop what so ever. It was so precise I needed to clean the area where the tool was being inserted from any debris. Like I said, at first I thought it was incorrect.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

You're right, Steve. AST is awesome and I have a bunch of their tools. My no-name tool guy got it for me so the ball is in his court right now to make it right. I wanted some background facts before anything 'happened'.
603-622-6434 x203

ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

Update: My tool guy took this back no questions. It's still sitting on his truck. I'm still looking for one that works.
603-622-6434 x203

Return to “VW / Audi”