2006 VW Jetta - 2.5L No Start

Specific repair issues for Audi & Volkswagen vehicles
BARNETTSERVICE

2006 VW Jetta - 2.5L No Start

Post by BARNETTSERVICE »

I had a 2006 Jetta 2.5 come in the shop this morning it slid off the road minor damage to passenger fender but now wont start. The key will only turn to the accessory position; everything works radio doorlocks windows etc. I checked over the wiring harness, nothing unpluged. Is it a ant- theft deal or a messed up ignition? thanks
sbebenelli
750 Club: World Class Contributor
750 Club: World Class Contributor

Re: 2006 VW Jetta - 2.5L No Start

Post by sbebenelli »

Have you checked it for codes? I would think if it was an anti theft issue it would have a code. What does the anti theft light do? We do not see many VW's so I could be wrong but I've never seen an anti theft cause the key not to turn all the way.
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by steven kiser »

Sounds like an Anti Theft issue or power problem. Look and see if the power modules have become dislodged. Way to many times a minor off the road issue turns into something way larger. If it wasn't towed by you then I would contact the towing company and get their view of how minor. I do know that if the Anti Theft module doesn't read the key then it will not allow it to turn. Something like the key issue in the Mercedes Powered Sprinters.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
turbomeyers

Post by turbomeyers »

The immobilizer in these cars will allow the engine to start and then die after a second . so if the car is not turning over you are having a different issue
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

Thanks and welcome to the Forum.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

How was the issue resolved?

Return to “VW / Audi”