2003 VW Jetta TDI - No Start

Specific repair issues for Audi & Volkswagen vehicles
Chrispy

2003 VW Jetta TDI - No Start

Post by Chrispy »

Hi,

I have a 2003 Jetta TDI (Diesel Engine). The car was in a crash, repaired and fired up. Now several days later it will not start. It just cranks, and cranks. Writing this on the behalf of my father who's done the work to the car and cannot figure out what to do next. Have done just about everything and it seems like its just not getting fuel. Right now he's trying to find the fuel relay which we cannot find. Any idea's on where its located?

Thanks!

All In One Autoworks,
-Chris
Rich
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor

Re: 2003 VW Jetta TDI - No Start

Post by Rich »

Chris,

I am still looking. I can find how long it shows to replace it. Just not where it is. :oops:

I'm still digging.
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
Rich

Post by Rich »

Have you checked this out on a wiring diagram? I looked and can't find one. Asked the boss quick and he thinks there isn't a relay for the fuel pump on a diesel. Give me the Vin and i'll call the deal and find out.
Rich Hays
Chrispy

Post by Chrispy »

Vin is:3VWRP69M13M009378

Appreciate the help.

All In One Autoworks,
-Chris
Rich

Post by Rich »

no relay.
Rich Hays
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by steven kiser »

is the sercurity light flashing? make sure all the grounds are secure. i believe there is a ground on the motor mount that can loose continuity. there is a good amount of corrosion. made sure the customer didn't decide to have a key made and the issue started then.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Chrispy

Post by Chrispy »

I'll go ahead and check.

For some reason I can't get electricity to the fuel pump. Any idea's?
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

Relay Panel:

1 - Dual Horn Relay (53)
2 - Load Reduction Relay (18) (100)
4 - Fuel Pump (FP) Relay (409)
V - Wiper/Washer Intermittent Relay (192) (377) (389)
VI - Wiper/Washer Intermittent Relay (192) (377) (389)
NOTE Number in parentheses ( ) indicates production control number stamped on relay housing.

found this in another repair program. from what i read on this system (somewhat vague) there are two sensors or switches on the injector head that may control pump or relay through the p.c.m.. there is a pressure sensor located on the side as well as a shut off sensor on the top. i can't really tell if these sensors will shut pump down. it was in a front end wreck and i would as a rule look for something that was caused by this. i can't begin to tell you how many situations like this I've been burned by assuming this was related to prior work or an accident. i strongly suggest you approach this as "the car was towed in with this issue" and proceed along those lines. i would attach scanner and see what readings you're getting. i didn't see an a.s.d. relay so I'm thinking it's controled controlled through the p.c.m. and from there to the relay. there are two pumps listed. primary and secondary. if I'm not mistaken the pump in the tank is the secondary. in trucks we call it the lift pump. take a look on the main pump (injector head) and see if the pressure sensor on the side (on the side held in with four little screws about the size and shape of a mini domino piece) s damaged or the harness that is attached to it. good luck.........................
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Return to “VW / Audi”