2002 VW Passat GLS - Door Locks

Specific repair issues for Audi & Volkswagen vehicles
mopwrforme
200 Club: Major Contributor

2002 VW Passat GLS - Door Locks

Post by mopwrforme »

customer comes in with a charging problem alt. light was on alt. output was 0 diag faulty reg. i replaced the alt. apon delivery the customer returns and makes the statement my keyfob will only open the drivers door lock and not the other doors the drivers switch works all the doors. you can double tap the fob and the vehical seems to recieve the signal. no codes at all in any moduale. it did loose battery connection while we were preforming the repair and cleaning the battery cables and testing the battery. well as always it worked untill you touched it. my thinking is that the vehical is recieving the signal or the drivers door lock wouldnt work which tells me the fob works the car recieves the signal. why would the modual only work the drivers door only. thanks for any help you guys can.
perfection-automotive.net
crmeyers
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Re: 2002 vw passat gls door locks

Post by crmeyers »

Does the customer have a second key/fob assembly? If so, you can try to reprogram the remotes, but you need two keys to do it.
Chris Meyers
Service Center Manager
Ocean Air Auto Repair
www.oceanairauto.com
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: 2002 VW Passat GLS - Door Locks

Post by steven kiser »

i believe there is a relearn procedure. for some reason the passat's are very touchy about this. i alway's use the k.a.m. maintainer that plugs into the data link. not the one that just maintains the module but the whole system.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
fortknoxx
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor

Post by fortknoxx »

are you saying if you hit the unlock button once the drivers door unlocks only, and if you hit the unlock button 2x it will unlock all doors?

If so.......
Grab a hiliter. Now go to the glove box, remove owners manual. Look in index for remote keyless entry/ keyless entry. Confirm operation by reading instructions. Then Hilite. " by pressing the unlock button 1x the drivers door will unlock. pressing the unlock button 2x will unlock all doors. with in 30 seconds if the drivers door is not opened all doors will lock. this also works on toyotas and hondas Littlejoe will confirm.
T-N-T (Tina Nuse-Tolar)
Gone but not forgotten...Camper Bob's

609-760-7079 Cell
crmeyers

Post by crmeyers »

OMG. I totally missed what was posted. :oops: Thank you Tina. Yes, this is the way the door locks are designed to work in this vehicle...once for drivers door, twice for all doors. And like Tina stated, this is also true for many other vehicle manufacturers.
Chris Meyers
Service Center Manager
Ocean Air Auto Repair
www.oceanairauto.com
mopwrforme

Post by mopwrforme »

thanks guys a bit of a brain fart i must say. of course ill try to reprogram and take a good look at the owners manual. for more info. to answer your questions, there is only 1 fob and yes it will only work the drivers door, when you 2x the unlock button only the drivers door unlocks. it will not unlock the other doors. the vehical is not present at this time for further diag im not sure about the 30 sec relock im hoping that is all it is she lives close so ill get her back in this evening to figure it out ill repost with what i found later thanks to all. man dont i feel silly :idea: :idea: :idea:
perfection-automotive.net
fortknoxx

Post by fortknoxx »

when is the last time the remotes batteries were changed? this is how you diagnose weak battery in remote. next time it comes in, push the button, if nothing happens hold the remote up to to your chin.push the button and it will work. Don't you worry about how I know, just trust I know.

When I am in the house and want to use the remote start on the trk. I go to the window, hold it to my chin and push the button. somehow it boosts the batt power.
T-N-T (Tina Nuse-Tolar)

609-760-7079 Cell
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

maybe it broadcasts through the tin foil you have wrapped around your head. :lol: :lol: :lol:
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
fortknoxx

Post by fortknoxx »

Go ahead. I know you are gonna try it.
T-N-T (Tina Nuse-Tolar)

609-760-7079 Cell
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

Go through the relearn procedure. I've fixed a few with that.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
crmeyers

Post by crmeyers »

fortknoxx wrote:hold the remote up to to your chin.push the button and it will work. Don't you worry about how I know, just trust I know.

When I am in the house and want to use the remote start on the trk. I go to the window, hold it to my chin and push the button. somehow it boosts the batt power.
Tinaaaaaaa!? :shock:
Chris Meyers
Service Center Manager
Ocean Air Auto Repair
www.oceanairauto.com

Return to “VW / Audi”