Forum Hits 50,000 Posts Soon

Read Forum RULES + FAQs FIRST; then A) Register, B) Activate, C) Log in, enjoy
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Forum Hits 50,000 Posts Soon

Post by timbre4 »

We are nearing the 50,000 posts (for real this time) and would like to gather some of your comments about a) what the forum has meant to you over time and/or b) a specific instance where you were helped out by forum members. Just a short 3-5 sentence paragraph would be great. One will be selected for use in the press release that Mitchell 1 plans to publish for the occasion and other favorites will be published in the Manager SE blog. The 5 best contributions will get a little M1 swag for their author’s efforts.

Please submit your forum quote HERE on this thread by Monday March 9th, 2015. If you are reading this and not registered please send by email to tim.mcdonnell@mitchell1.com. Thanks!
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
Jeff @ Able Auto
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor

Re: Forum Hits 50,000 Posts Soon

Post by Jeff @ Able Auto »

The forum has kept me alive! Whether help from fellow shop owners, a good laugh or a shoulder to cry on, its all here.
Jeff Fitzgerald - retired
Treasure Coast of Florida
"there will be enough time to sleep when we're dead"
KGA
100 Club: Active Contributor
100 Club: Active Contributor

Post by KGA »

Forum usually has something interesting to make you think and even help you down the road. Its a good way for people to help each other out. I like it! :mrgreen:
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Thanks for the contributions so far; let's keep them coming please!
Tim McDonnell -
ARS
300 Club: Superstar Contributor
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Post by ARS »

We really appreciate the forum. We do not have a Mitchell Rep that calls on us to ask questions to. We use the forum to ask for help with Mitchell & Bolt On, to ask for help from other shops on a situation for a vehicle or customer we have. We get opinions on the stuff we are thinking about. It is one of our ways to reach out to get help from who ever responses to our questions. We get to learn about the up & coming things that happening in Mitchell or Bolt On & even the bugs that others are having with the system.
The response is usually pretty fast, whether it is a rep from Mitchell, Bolt On or another shop let us know what they think. It is has saved quite a few phone calls to tech support.
Mitchell forum is on the the first things i try to look at each day. We get to catch up with each other in the bar stool or see what is going on with other shops. We have gains a ton of ideas on how things are handled in the shop or office. I have even tried to help others if I think i have something useful to say or if we are having the same problem at our shop. I am the only one from our shop that checks forum each day, but my bosses really see the value of it, because when ever we are having a problem, their first response is to say- "Why don't you look or ask in the Mitchell forum?"

So thank you to everyone that has asked a question, responded to our questions or shared a funny or horrifying story. We really appreciate it!
Thanks, Jen
Service Writer @ ARS
Last edited by ARS on Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rich
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor

Post by Rich »

Tech support, for when the forum just can't fix it.
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Thanks for these, let's have some more soon!
Tim McDonnell -
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by steven kiser »

Sometimes just writing and posting an issue takes a few pounds of burden off of my shoulders and allows me the ability to move on because I'm waiting for any response. When I'm locked in and it's just not making sense I need to get away from it so I can look from the inside out trying to get a new perspective. Many times I remember where I put something and the fix for something that's dug in and isn't allowing me to get past it and just as I'm closing my eyes and my mind is shutting down for a (hopefully) a nice long sleep the answer hits me so I grab the paper and pen off of my night stand next to my bed and jot down nice and slow so I can read it in the morning. I can't do this unless I shake the Monkey off of my back and the only way I can achieve this is through the Forum. Sometimes I get a bonus, a new way of looking at another issue I'm having on a completely different vehicle, make and model, with answers I've received about the posted vehicle. I'm confused now but it boils down to sometimes just a new way of looking at something can resolve issues in more vehicles because I'm revisiting it with a clear mind and a different mind set. Thanks to all who reply, post, and are just there.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

Like most people, when I first joined the forum I saw it as a way to air my complaints. It didn't take me long to discover that the forum was so much more than that; an opportunity to grow and learn with other users. Now, 10 years later, I see the forum as more than the sum of it's parts. With so many ideas, opinions and points of view, it's my daily dose of improvement.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders

Return to “1. > HOW THIS FORUM WORKS [READ FIRST!]”