Can't Get Yout Forum Account Activated? Look Here

Read Forum RULES + FAQs FIRST; then A) Register, B) Activate, C) Log in, enjoy
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Can't Get Yout Forum Account Activated? Look Here

Post by timbre4 »

If you have attempted to register for a shop mgmt user's forum account and never received an email with a confirmation link, send us an email at forumadmin@buymitchell1.com.

When an email address is entered incorrectly (.con instead of .com, etc) it is impossible to verify your email address. Your ISP (internet service provider) may have a filter or policy in place that prevents it from reaching you. There are a dozen reasons why something could go wrong.

For the last week or so, I've been sifting through the membership and sending a broadcast email in hopes of 1) getting folks with good email with addresses activated and 2) flushing out the entries with hopelessly wrong addresses.

Bottom line - this is your message in a bottle! Email us if you need assistance getting your account established. Use forumadmin@buymitchell1.com.
Last edited by timbre4 on Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Email Sent To Help Activate Your Account; Did you Receive?

Post by timbre4 »

On the off chance you're lurking and wonder why your account is not activated as yet.... it's an email issue.

This evening I've made another pass at all the forum accounts that have not been activated. Some of these email addresses have been sent messages before in an effort to get them going.

I have to conclude if I don't get a response to this outreach effort that the email account has got a spam filter, is incorrect or has some other issue. We'll allow 2 weeks for a response, then reach out.

If you created an account in the last 16 months, but have not received an email from me about activating, please try to Register again using a DIFFERENT email address because the one used before doesn't work for this purpose. No big deal, just create a new one!

Thanks for our continued interest in the forum!
Last edited by timbre4 on Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tim McDonnell -
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Activating New Forum Accts Update

Post by timbre4 »

UPDATE: New activation policy

Since all email options to contact potential forum members have been exhausted and several weeks have now passed, some early accounts have been DELETED.

Accounts that clearly included shop details, website info and location information to help me determine they were legit, have been ACTIVATED. Holders of these accounts may try to log-in; if you can't remember the password, contact me and I'll issue a temporary to get you in and then you can change it.

Going forward, I am manually activating any user accounts that have not activated themselves, at my discretion. My goal is to catch potential members while their interest level is high (but their email has a glitch of some type) so that they can enjoy the forum!
Tim McDonnell -

Return to “1. > HOW THIS FORUM WORKS [READ FIRST!]”