Logged Off

Read Forum RULES + FAQs FIRST; then A) Register, B) Activate, C) Log in, enjoy
Jeff @ Able Auto
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor

Logged Off

Post by Jeff @ Able Auto »

Ok heres the problem. Everytime I refresh the Forum I get logged off. I have checked the remember me box and have not changed any settings in my computer. Any Ideas?
Jeff Fitzgerald - retired
Treasure Coast of Florida
"there will be enough time to sleep when we're dead"
fortknoxx

Re: Logged Off

Post by fortknoxx »

Has this just been happening today in this session, or for a few days
T-N-T (Tina Nuse-Tolar)
Gone but not forgotten...Camper Bob's

609-760-7079 Cell
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

That's odd; *how* are you refreshing it?
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
Jeff @ Able Auto

Just started this morning. I usually click "Board Index" at the top of the page. Seems to be happening more if I am not active on the computer for more than a few minutes.
fortknoxx

Post by fortknoxx »

did you recently install updates, or clear out IE history/files. (maybe check off don't ask me to save passwords) seems to me it is more of a IE issue. gimme a call i can walk you thru the prompts to save the pw's 609-261-2222
T-N-T (Tina Nuse-Tolar)
Gone but not forgotten...Camper Bob's

609-760-7079 Cell
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

By chance did anybody else login? This happens sometimes when I log it as somebody else for testing and then log out and back in as myself. I find a couple hours later I might be logged out. Not always but sometimes....

When you finish with the forum, do you log out or just click the (recommended) red X or close the tab?
Tim McDonnell -
Jeff @ Able Auto

I click the red x. This time when I hit the reply button to make this reply it logged me off. Logged back in and it went straight to the reply box. where I am now typing this. No one else has logged in and I haven't run any updates other than the auto stuff the antivirus runs. I will give Tina a call, maybe I fat fingered a key some where :roll:
Rich
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor

Post by Rich »

Welcome to my world Jeff. :lol:

So what does one do?

Never heard of a forum that was worthy of calling tech support, untill this one!!
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
Jeff @ Able Auto

Ok Ok I am a computer dumba** :oops: Called Tina "Did you try to reboot?" she says. DUH no, reboot all seems ok. Thanks Folks :!:
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

We have found over time that rebooting can be "your best entertainment value". :idea:
Tim McDonnell -
Jeff @ Able Auto

I thought rebooting was goin down town and gettin a new pair of Tony Lammas 8) Thanks Again. I love this place :!:
a&mauto
500 Club: Champion Contributor
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Post by a&mauto »

Jeff @ Able Auto wrote:I thought rebooting was goin down town and gettin a new pair of Tony Lammas 8) Thanks Again. I love this place :!:

I have always thought that "Rebooting" meant kick it again :oops:
Adam Jadovitz
A & M Automotive
Lake Elsinore, CA
951-245-1562
http://www.aandmautorepair.com
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

I understand the confusion; kicking it falls under "percussive maintenance". :idea:
Tim McDonnell -
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by steven kiser »

timbre4 wrote:I understand the confusion; kicking it falls under "percussive maintenance". :idea:

yep, learned that one from my dad. we had an old black and white with an adapter on top of it so we could get the other broadcast band. uhf or vhf one of those. well we had the good set. it had a fine tune on it. a separate knob that could really fine tune the picture. the big rabbit ear antenna, the fine tuner, we even had the antenna on the roof of the house that would turn to be able to tune better. (i feel like the kid on "a christmas story" the old man was a connoisseur) of tuning in the "set". we live in an area where all the t.v. towers are located so tuning was a real skill. he'd click that antenna control until he zeroed in on the best signal. weather conditions played a roll in it as well. then he'd go from dial to dial, he would start moving the antenna ears until he got it where he wanted it. let go of the ear and slowly back away. the last move could be repeated time and time again. once it was set no one could go near the "set". god forbid if you stopped in front of the "tube" and blocked his view. if it was snowing out side the picture would come and go. he would adjust and adjust. when all else failed he would start banging on the side of the "set". as a rule this was as far as it went but on occasion when he was watching a sporting event and taking football for example the runner just broke into the clear, time had run out, one defensive player to beat, on the ten yard line, going to be close, we're all watching holding our breath, the screen goes to snow. he'd jump up, everyone else in the room, dogs included, would go for an exit. this is where the real fine tuning began. he would tear the antenna and the station box off the top of the "set", grab it by it's sides and start shaking and swearing at it. those old "sets" were heavy and made a lot of noise when they were banged around. after one of his tunings we used coat hangers for antenna ears. he was pretty good at figuring out where the tubes went and he heard somewhere that if you spit on the prongs they would work better. so spit it was. he even let me spit if he went dry. at the end of it's life the "set" would buzz and whine a bit and the volume would crackle unless it was loud but the picture was pretty good. we had some ugly sailing ship on to of the "set". i never could understand why mom left it there until i figured out the masts were used to hold the coat hangars. sorry for the ramble but the "percussion tuning" brought back a lot of memories. car doesn't start, banging on the steering wheel, swearing, threatening to scrap it, getting out slamming the door, opening the hood, screaming at it, slamming the hood, opening and slamming the drivers door a few times, getting back in and pumping the gas pedal until his foot ached, threatening, banging on the steering wheel again and swearing seemed always to work. this usually happened in the church parking lot and if it didn't start my mom would decide it was a "good day to walk home", it could have been a hurricane and it was a "good day to walk". well that's enough. his skill at fine tuning was passed down to me and i have passed it down to my children. on occasion if we're all together at the summer home in maine and something doesn't work there is a chorus of swearing and one of us is banging on something. usually the gas grill. last year was my sons first experience of throwing it down the hill onto the beach. it had a nice roll to it. i was proud. the charcoal grill came out and we couldn't find the charcoal lighter.................the family, woodland creatures, and even the fish, left the area. :lol: :lol: :lol:
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Jeff @ Able Auto

Thanks Steve for joggin the cobwebs. I remember we had a Lawn Boy 2 stroke lawn mower. Dad left for the barns one sunny morning and instructed my brother and I to mow lawn. We tried from 8 am till dad came in at noon to get it started. The ol man was hot cause his lawn werent mowed yet. Had lunch,(we called it dinner, supper was the evening meal) went out pressed the primer twice, jerked the rope, nuttin. Pulled the plug, cleaned and reinstalled, 2 pumps on the primer jerk the rope, nuttin. Now he is pi**ed. After several minutes of kickin it around the drive and naming it everthing but a lawn boy, he hits the primer, jerks the rope, nuttin. He went balistic. picked it up over his head, cursin at the top of his lungs, tossed it at least 50 feet. It landed on its top, plastic covers went everywhere, bounced over on its wheels, rolled another 10 feet and stopped. He walks over, hits the primer 2 times, jerked the rope and it fired up! As calm as can be he looked at us boys and said " See I told ya it would start." Years later we got to talkin about it a a family function and my brother and I laughed so hard. Fine memories :D
Rich

Post by Rich »

timbre4 wrote:I understand the confusion; kicking it falls under "percussive maintenance". :idea:
Love it, its easy to do here! Seeing the system in UNDER the desk right at my feet. I dont have to even think, just kick.
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.

Return to “1. > HOW THIS FORUM WORKS [READ FIRST!]”