Homework Time: "What The Forum Means To Me"

Read Forum RULES + FAQs FIRST; then A) Register, B) Activate, C) Log in, enjoy
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Homework Time: "What The Forum Means To Me"

Post by timbre4 »

In cleaning up dormant forum accounts recently, I noticed a fair number of customers (and our reps) had created accounts but then never visited or generated any activity. Perhaps these potential contributors have simply never gotten the message of what to do?

As to the lack of rep involvement with the forum and got this reply from a regional manager:

"I have considered your questions and believe I/we have not done a good enough job of teaching the sales reps the direct and measurable impact to them. They choose not to access the Manager Forum because they are not perceiving the direct benefit to them and while I continue to speak highly of the tool during conference calls, one-on-one consultations, and new rep training, I have not provided the “what’s in it for me?" factor. I would suggest we consider this and develop a few examples of how they can use material found on the site to directly impact their capability to place more sales or minimize their support time to allow more time to focus on New Business.

I would suggest the following:
1. Identify a few key threads in the forum where the information is so dramatic (a workaround identified by our users, etc) that the information would most certainly solve a customer’s pain and secure additional sales.
2. Identify a few key threads where a customer’s support issue was solved without them having to contact Tech support or more importantly their field rep.
3. Identify referral stories posted by our users

I certainly don't expect our sales reps to see the forum as working shops would, however I do need to share some compelling reasons with them so that in turn, they transmit strong awareness of forum benefits to all of the shop mgmt software customers they come in contact with.

As shop customers, what are your reasons to visit the forum with some frequency?

If you've been lurking (reading not posting) for 1-5 years, it's time to fess up! Please post why you continue to loyally watch this forum!

There have been a number of initiatives undertaken to raise awareness of this forum, it's time to build some new type of asset that transmits the true value of the forum to a wider audience. I believe that this is built upon the real experiences we continue to share on the forum. People need stories to relate to, rather than facts & figures or the usual list of forum topics.

What compelling stories have you seen? Please send me your thoughts about why you frequent the forum, what it does for you, why more shops need to look at it. If you found a particular thread (discussion) is proof positive, please send the link or paste the text in an email or provate message I would most appreciate it.

I don't have a budget for this but would work to make sure that the best entries get some M1 swag of some type. :mrgreen:

Let's get the word out! Thanks
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
wbuxton
1000 Club: Interstellar
1000 Club: Interstellar

Re: Homework Time: "What The Forum Means To Me"

Post by wbuxton »

I certainly don't expect our sales reps to see the forum as working shops would, however I do need to share some compelling reasons with them so that in turn, they transmit strong awareness of forum benefits to all of the shop mgmt software customers they come in contact with.

I think of the software as family, The forum is Thanksgiving Dinner. Some of the family is hard to deal with but the food is always Great! :D
Uncle PETA said I could come back.
William
Weatherford, TX
817-599-7680
866-744-3887
http://www.phoenixtrans.com
fortknoxx
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor

Post by fortknoxx »

do you want us to post the link here or pm you?
T-N-T (Tina Nuse-Tolar)
Gone but not forgotten...Camper Bob's

609-760-7079 Cell
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

I'd say PM then I can re-broadcast the best ones.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
lmcca
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Post by lmcca »

:o
Rich
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor

Post by Rich »

To late to PM one to you? Just had something crazy cool happen.

(thanks Lyons Automotive from Andover Kansas)
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
crmeyers
300 Club: Superstar Contributor
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Post by crmeyers »

I've been reading this forum for 3 years. I recently joined when we upgraded to SE and there were so many questions I needed answers to. This forum to me is two-fold. One, it is a powerful instrument I use to improve my skills and knowledge in using all available features of the Manager software I make my bread & butter with. So many times I read a post and say to myself " I didn't know you could do that!". Sure, there are online tutorials/videos and help menus, but this is real time - in your face training! Second, it gives me (our shop and employees) a voice! We become part of the programming process - kind of like the Microsoft commercials where the guy says he made that improvement in windows. We (meaning everyone in the forum) ARE Mitchell SE! Plus I know I'm not crazy when I read someone is having the same problem I'm having! I personally want to thank everyone involved in keeping this forum around. It is a lifesaver!
Last edited by crmeyers on Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Meyers
Service Center Manager
Ocean Air Auto Repair
www.oceanairauto.com
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

I dont even have a rep. If I do I havent heard or seen from one in at leat 5+ years

Return to “1. > HOW THIS FORUM WORKS [READ FIRST!]”