2012 Forum Changes

Read Forum RULES + FAQs FIRST; then A) Register, B) Activate, C) Log in, enjoy
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

2012 Forum Changes

Post by timbre4 »

Happy New Year!

We are going to be making some changes to the forum and I want to take a minute and tell you about them.

1. NEW Forum introduction "0" section to allow improved New Forum Users information and a place for them to post if they can't decide where it belongs. Moderators will move these to the appropriate topics.

2. Integration of Manager SE topics into their respective discussions instead of being lumped in the current "SE 6.4 Questions" area.

3. Division of Repair into product (public) and WRENCH (registered) sections. The hope is that casual browsers value this enough to register to continue seeing this valuable material.

4. We are looking at new forum skins (colors, style & buttons etc) to consider a new default selection; users will be alerted when these become available to try them out. The current skin will likely remain as an option in the User Control Panel.

As alway, thanks for your active participation in our forum!
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: 2012 Forum Changes

Post by timbre4 »

UPDATE: There is now a new skin (color scheme / features / etc) for you to try out. Click on User Control Panel (left side of screen) and select Board Preferences. There will be a drop list (as shown below) where you may select the new skin (rainbow pearl) and then click Submit to accept it. Once you return to the forum board, the visual changes will take effect.

I'm still requesting some changes, just wanted to let you know it's there. If you do try it out, please let me know how you like it.

Please note that if we do make this new jasmine pearl into the default skin, and you don't like it so much, you may always come back to this same screen and select the existing skin instead.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer

Return to “1. > HOW THIS FORUM WORKS [READ FIRST!]”