MAY 8TH 7.3.10 UPDATE

Manager SE specific technical issues
KB1DVG

MAY 8TH 7.3.10 UPDATE

Post by KB1DVG »

Who's bright idea was it to change any settings with the update concerning some of the input fields on the part or labor input? When adding a vendor, category, tech, mfg it used to be simple (in my case) to hit "o" 3 times for Oreilly's, "e" 4 times for engine...Etc. Tech time fields no longer able to "tab" over to the other fields. Unfortunately the list goes on with this new update!! Now having to work harder to do the job. Who agrees & how can it go back?
Rich
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor

Re: MAY 8TH 7.3.10 UPDATE

Post by Rich »

Welcome to the forum,

The update was done to protect YOU from having your M1 program not work at all when Windows shoves a update down your throat. The options were to update to 7.3.10 or possibly have a system that doesn't allow M1 to function. Personally i will take a few side effects to have a system that will operate......
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

These changes were actually into effect before 7.3.10. I had many of them in 7.3.8. I'm not sure where M1 is going with this. I prefer to be able to type out say a vendor when the list is open. I had gotten used to tapping the 'S' three times to get my favorite vendor. I'm sure once all is changed over I'll get used to the new way. I can't comment much on the tab issue since I'm a mouse or touch screen guy.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
KB1DVG

Post by KB1DVG »

I went from 6.x(9?) right to this update with no in between or auto updates from Mitchell at all, so not sure what changes were made (or why) but the ones who make changes should leave well enough alone.
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

KB1DVG wrote:I went from 6.x(9?) right to this update with no in between or auto updates from Mitchell at all, so not sure what changes were made (or why) but the ones who make changes should leave well enough alone.
Wow, that's quite the jump. I can understand how this could be unsettling.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

We are fully aware that many users are disrupted by change, and try to limit it to cases of necessity. However, the old program behavior was based on a badly-aging technology. We removed that technology. The replacement sometime required/offered a completely different behavior, which was initially found to be worse for many users. We made this change to get as close as we could to emulating at least accommodate the autocomplete method.

A full reversion simply isn't possible at this point. However, it needed to be done as operating systems do not account for deprecated technology when they make changes. That is to say, the program could have ceased functioning completely someday if had left that old code in place.

We apologize for the inconvenience, but hope you can understand that sometimes changes simply must be made.
M1 Product Manager
KB1DVG

Post by KB1DVG »

Well apparently it worked for lots of people over the years because I've been using the old way for the last 5 years or more. :roll: :shock: :roll: :x OK
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. We never set out to change the way tab order, hotkeys, drop-downs or an any keyboard shortcuts worked. The changes were a result of the technology change. We've been working to emulate the old behaviors as much as possible, but there are cases where it simply may not be possible.
M1 Product Manager
jace241
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Post by jace241 »

I can get used to it. It sucks that now for categories I have to type TRANSMISSION S to get transmission service instead of transmission repair. Where before I typed T T. But oh well, just takes getting used too. What I would like back is being able to have a parts window open. Make my necessary changes and then double click on the background to go save and go to the next line and keep on moving down the list to make sure everything is filled out. Instead now it makes the window grey so you have to click in an area before you can start using tab.

I would say that it just needs getting used to but it doesn't do that when you go to a labor line or note.
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

jace241 wrote:I can get used to it. It sucks that now for categories I have to type TRANSMISSION S to get transmission service instead of transmission repair. Where before I typed T T. But oh well, just takes getting used too.
Wow! Yeah, that's a lot to type. I'd recommend using a combination of either the arrow key or mouse wheel. For example, if "T-R-A" is enough to get you a match to your transmission categories, from there use the arrow keys or just the mouse scroll wheel.
M1 Product Manager
MURRI513
50 Club: Regular Contributor
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Post by MURRI513 »

My issue and complaint is Categories are sticky from previous line however if you don't click to change category, it shows up as unassigned on Category Profit Summary. Before the update it would show up as "none" & I knew to put a category there, now it already has a category listed just not a "good" one. I have to go through each invoice line by line to find the "unassigned" category. This is very time consuming opening each invoice then unposting & reposting to put item in correct category. Anybody has this issue and or/ work arounds?
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

MURRI513 wrote:My issue and complaint is Categories are sticky from previous line however if you don't click to change category, it shows up as unassigned on Category Profit Summary. Before the update it would show up as "none" & I knew to put a category there, now it already has a category listed just not a "good" one. I have to go through each invoice line by line to find the "unassigned" category. This is very time consuming opening each invoice then unposting & reposting to put item in correct category. Anybody has this issue and or/ work arounds?
We are correcting this behavior for a future release. When using the Save button, the category will be set back to none.
M1 Product Manager

Return to “Technical Issues”