Inspection Report Date Range

Manager SE specific technical issues
southmain1

Inspection Report Date Range

Post by southmain1 »

I am a very long time user of Shopkey management system. Recently upgraded to 6.5. I have been told that you are aware of the issue of the inspection reports pulling data from the month after the requested parameter. I have been told by tech support that this issue is not of top priority. I cannot emphasize enough how important this issue is to me and i want to believe every other user in the state of PA. I have used this part of the program each and every month over the past 20 some odd years I have been a user. This is a very large part of my marketing program. At this point what used to be a 15 minute process to extract the monthly data now has become over a 3 hour process to gather the correct data.

The issue does not only give incorrect data, but if there is more then one vehicle listed for the same customer and you need to remove one of the vehicles for that customer it will eliminate all vehicles for that customer. Case in point; today I ran inspection reports for the month of October, it extracted all vehicles that had an inspection date of October and November. In the list was a fleet customer who had 14 vehicles that had October inspections. 2 of the vehicles I needed to eliminate, when I deleted one, they all were eliminated.

This part of the program is forcing me to change my marketing strategy because of this issue.

Can this be prioritized?
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Inspection Report Date Range

Post by timbre4 »

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your posting.

I will confer with product management about this issue.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
southmain1

Post by southmain1 »

Good Morning Tim

Any progress on this issue?
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

I had not heard anything; I've sent a second request. As soon as I have something I will post it.
Tim McDonnell -
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

I have confirmed that the issue is properly recorded and has a story written for developers in a near future sprint (session). Cannot provide any specific date of delivery at this time.
Tim McDonnell -
southmain1

Post by southmain1 »

Good Morning, Can you tell me if there is a date for the repair of this issue as of yet? It has been 30 days since I have posted this major concern. I was told by tech support on numerous occasions over the past 2 weeks there would be an upload/new versions coming out any day. My current version is 6.5.37, tech support stated they were surprised i was that far behind on versions. I asked if this issue can be escalated and/or could I speak with a supervisor about this issue. I was told that was not possible and I should go to this forum.

As I stated before, monthly we depend on the 'Inspections' report to do our marketing. this report is giving incorrect information with the new version. Because of this we have lost a major part of our marketing program. I feel like my hands are tied with no where to go.

thank you for any help you can give me
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Apologies for the inconvenience. I have asked for an update this morning.
Tim McDonnell -
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

I can now report that the 'Followup - Date Range' issue and the subsequent View List delete vehicle - deletes all under customer issue are now scheduled [committed] to be worked on and corrected during one of the upcoming development sprints. Barring any major issue that occurs in the meantime, these corrections will appear in the program within 8 weeks.
Tim McDonnell -
southmain1

Post by southmain1 »

Good Morning, Another 30 days has passed. I have not seen any new versions uploaded. I am still at version 6.5.37. It has been over 30 days since I was told by tech support that I am way behind on my versions. At that time they told me that I should get an upload in a day or 2.

Also, i am at the time of the month that I use the 'Inspections' report. As I explained in an earlier message - because of the improper information this report produces, this ads approx 6 hours of an employees time pulling the correct information from the database.

all of this is very counter productive and costly.

Can you tell me where we stand with these 2 issues?
ARS
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Post by ARS »

I totally agree that these 2 issues are a priority to us also. We have mentioned these issues on another thread. We have to run reports next week & it does take forever when these 2 issues & others are not working correctly. THanks, ARS
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Some of the resources I call on for resources are grabbing some vacation time this week; therefore I cannot provide an update on the date range issue today.

As for the SE 6.537 version lingering, here is what I posted from product management a few days ago in SE 6.5 News:

"Early on we experienced some growing pains with the new AutoUpdater. Those pains were identified and resolved resulting in a far more rubust updater. The new update client which has just been released includes several modifications/fixes that were requested by tech support and product management. As of this week {last week} we began accelerating our roll-out to all customers. We have approximately 4k 6.4 that continue to receive the 6.427 disc, and many 6.5.37 that will be updated shortly. We also included in the installation (on the 6.5.37 disc) a routine that retrieves from Mitchell the very latest version of software; updating automatically updating with the install - no more waiting for updates to arrive after an installation."
Tim McDonnell -
southmain1

Post by southmain1 »

Good Morning, It has been another 21 days since my last request of when updates would be coming thru. Till today's date, we are still at 6.5.37. As i explained earlier in a post, the tech support people told me we were way behind on updates.

We are still suffering with the inspection report malfunctioning. As I explained earlier, this is a critical issue for my business.

I have a list of other issues of how the 'follow up' reports are not functioning properly.

Where do we stand with updates/corrections?
Johnny5
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Post by Johnny5 »

Postby southmain1 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:56 am

Good Morning, It has been another 21 days since my last request of when updates would be coming thru. Till today's date, we are still at 6.5.37. As i explained earlier in a post, the tech support people told me we were way behind on updates. We are still suffering with the inspection report malfunctioning. As I explained earlier, this is a critical issue for my business. I have a list of other issues of how the 'follow up' reports are not functioning properly. Where do we stand with updates/corrections?
Good morning,

First let me say that all bugs are treated with priority, unfortunately not all tech support agents are 100% up to day what development and product management is doing with the software. This issue was reported to development with a priority of high and scheduled to be worked. There are several things development is cleaning up in this area along with other users requests to modify or fix other functionality. Development is tasked with performing what are called Two Week Sprints. For each two week period their work is clearly defined and documented. As a result it may take up to 4 weeks to get something in the hopper and complete. Please private message me your account number, I want to see if there is any reason why you did not receive an update, I will also request your account be forcibly updated.

John Dwulet
John Dwulet AKA: Johnny5
Retired - Mitchell1
jfilbin

Post by jfilbin »

I share Southmain1's sentiments.

MODERATOR: The balance of this post is under review, pursuant to forum rule #3.
ARS

Post by ARS »

Just to let you know how we are affected by having the wrong dates pulled... I pulled Recommends for oil changes which we sent out postcards for twice a month. ie 11/16/14-11/30/14 & 12/1/14- 12/15/14. Today I ran the reports for 12/1/14-12/15/14. There were 36 total Rec. that pulled up.. I went through each one person's account to make sure they were in the correct date range & other things we check for.. out of the 36 - 8 were the wrong date of 12/16/4. So I had to move the date over to the 17th. This just was a pain because I wasted my time looking at those accounts. Granted.. this was a small report. We run some that are 100- 1000 accounts.

Just telling you our side & hope it gets fixed soon! Also wanted you to know that it is not just the inspection dates affected, but all recommendation dates.

Thanks, ARS
southmain1

Post by southmain1 »

I received the new update and loaded it.

We Still have the same issues with the inspection reports.
Where do we stand with this specific issue being corrected?
Johnny5

Post by Johnny5 »

southmain1 wrote:I received the new update and loaded it.

We Still have the same issues with the inspection reports.
Where do we stand with this specific issue being corrected?
The issue is still being actively worked by development, it is planned to be released in version 6.5.53 or 6.5.54. Unless I'm wrong. in the meantime, the workaround works well: for example if you want records from
6.1.14 to 6.15.14 you need only add one day to the query.

JD
John Dwulet AKA: Johnny5
Retired - Mitchell1
southmain1

Post by southmain1 »

I am not aware of the 'workaround'. referencing your explanation above: are you stating the query should be 6.1.14 to 6.16.14?

I'm not sure I understand. When we run inspection reports for the month of January, i.e. 01/01/14 to 01/31/14, the report will give me all of January inspections but it also gives all of February's.

So if I understand you, we should add 1 day to the query, i.e. 01/01/14 to 02/01/14 and this will eliminate all of the February?
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

From my experience, I have been removing one day from the end of the query for inspections since we code them all on the first of the month. For other recommendations, I add a day on the first date and remove a day on the second.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders

Return to “Technical Issues”