Re: Sell Revision Automatically Creates RO

Manager SE specific technical issues
rhillig
500 Club: Champion Contributor
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Re: Sell Revision Automatically Creates RO

Post by rhillig »

Silky7 wrote:This has been covered in another thread.

You have two options: 1. Create a valid work order function first, in which case it will remain an Estimate or 2. Print the Revision first (it uses the Est. template for this reason) and have them sign that. The function isn't going to change back.
Was it causing a processing issue the way it was?
Could it possibly be something that could be a toggle button whether it creates an ro or estimate?

Our scenario is we have already created a revision for the customer & they call in to make an appointment. It might be two weeks out, but I will order the parts so that I know we have them when the vehicle comes in. I want to place it on the WIP screen, so I know I ordered the parts, BUT I don't want it to assign a RO number as of yet, because it it two weeks out & creates a invoice filing nightmare later.

While we can cut & paste it to a new estimate & avoid creating the RO number - this does take a little thought processs....when you have someone on the phone & you want to order the part so you don't forget & have two people staring at you across the counter, it just doesn't happen that way.
A year from now you will wish you had started TODAY ~ Karen Lamb
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Sell Revision Automatically Creates an RO

Post by Silky7 »

The change was made to fix inventory values and correct the state of the order. You may have not noticed it before, but going back to older versions of SE, if you sold a Revision directly with no existing work on the Order tab, it would take the next RO/INV number anyway. Actually having it be converted to an RO matches those numbers up.
M1 Product Manager

Return to “Technical Issues”