Support Kudos Mitchell 1

Manager SE specific technical issues
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Support Kudos Mitchell 1

Post by steven kiser »

I need to once again tip my hat to Mitchell 1 support.

Again me being me, I waited until the last day to load the new disc. Now I should have known trouble was on the horizon since my system had crashed a few weeks back when a tree took out two poles when a huge branch fell on the wires. I will testify that the wire were securely attached since the wires didn't give and two poles snapped at the base. Well from that point on after I had my system brought back all my passwords were lost, ones that I had set up to open automatically wouldn't, I had to call or e/mail for the ability to set up new user names and passwords. Thought I had it just about all done and the people that know me know that this was a huge accomplishment for me. Then came loading the disc :shock: it kept kicking it out. I tried all in my power / ability including flipping the disc around, wiping the disc with a non sticky cheese cloth and after that stopped until my son came into work. I waited till one minute after the hour and I started calling him. We all know I have the patience of Jobe on certain times, when I'm awake :lol: . He tried with the same results so, this is a first at Kiser Auto, I asked him to call support while I worked on the brake boosters on a C60. About 20 minutes later he came over to where I was working, looked at me and said "that was the nicest support person I've ever, ever, ever, had to call. He spoke clear, I could understand every word he was saying, he asked questions and explained what to open so I could give him the correct one, asked me to hold and actually came back in about 30 seconds. I figured I was going to here the disconnect and have to call back and wait for my turn again, I was actually shocked and told him so.

Apparently when the computer crashed something happened to the program to read new uploads, it locked and wouldn't allow any new updates by disc or on line. He explained all this to my son as he (after getting permission to take over my system) looked for and found any (all) abnormalities in my system that didn't allow the update. He got it all repaired and waited on the phone with my son Ryan until all was good. He also explained that my system could easily take the free newer version and if we wanted would call back at a later date and help Ryan set up all three computers, link them and walk us through making sure we were somewhat OK with it. We told him we would be thrilled with that and would wait for his prompt to do this. So I need once again express my gratitude to the Mitchell group who are the only reason I still use Mitchell and that is well know. I'm a sucker for a good support system and Mitchell has a great one. The other issue I'm thrilled with is either this particular Tech took it upon himself to take control of my system for a few minutes and in doing so took the fix all the way to the end. A year or so ago I had an issue with my Mitchell system and even though the tech was super and as helpful as can be wouldn't take the next step take over my computer to complete the repair. I know I did throw a blurb out there about this and I know there is a solid reason for them not doing it and totally understand. When I paid my I.T. person 175.00 to open a program and click off a box that was checked I got a bit perturbed and made it known on the Forum. Now either a new procedure was given the green light by the greater powers and now the support techs can do minor things like I needed or the tech took it upon himself to finish what needed to be done.

Either way I'm thrilled with what happened and the results and especially taking it upon himself to offer his time to help us set up our system with the newer free update. Again, my sincere thank you, tip of my hat, and makes me so happy that the Mitchell system is backed by the greatest tech support system I have had the pleasure to work with. So many times when I call other support people I just sit there and stew while I'm still on hold for 20 or 30 minutes knowing I'm going to be connected to "Bob" who will confuse the hell out of me because he will not break away from the step by step program he has on his computer screen after he makes sure I'm paid up to date after putting me on hold and I sweat it out because I'm fearing I'll here the double click and know then that even though there is no dial tone I've been cut off so I call back and start all over again knowing damn well it is probably going to happen again. My record wait was well over 4 hours and thankfully I had my wife (who just stopped in for a second) that was willing to sit in the front office waiting for a live person to come on the line again. Thanks again MItchell you've never let me down and I hope you know how much that means to me.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Equipment Support Kudos Mitchell 1

Post by timbre4 »

Thank you Steve, it means a lot to read that. I have shared this with tech support management this morning.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
Rich
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor

Re: Equipment Support Kudos Mitchell 1

Post by Rich »

I agree Steve. I have NEVER had a bad experience with TS. Seldom am I "happy" to call for help, but never have an issue calling the Nerds at Mitchell. Mitchell always seems to go an extra mile or ten. With the old system we had Tech support would nose around and say "not our issue". I find with Mitchel in the past they will say "hey, i found an issue with this (not a Mitchell issue) they tweak it for me and off we go.

I'd like to hug them all. :shock:
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
Johnny5
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Re: Support Kudos Mitchell 1

Post by Johnny5 »

Nice!
John Dwulet AKA: Johnny5
Retired - Mitchell1
Rich

Post by Rich »

So yesterday after noon the Update Fairy came down the chimney and gave us 6.5.57. The server took it very well. And then I got to my work station. Updates never load to it well. And like I thought it didn't work. Never does. In the past I had called the "nerds" (is that PC? or what do we call data geniuses?) at TS the guy walked me through it. For some reason our system just does not like the M1-SK updater, maybe the fire wall. Either way he showed me how to fix it. So when my work station had its "moment" i just fixed it. With out the TS guys willingness to teach me the way to do it, i'd be calling tech support..again. So not only are the TS people at M1 willing to help you "in the moment" they are willing to help you in the future.

Thanks
Happy 4th. Remember your Independence was not free.
Last edited by Rich on Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rich Hays
Jeff @ Able Auto
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor

Post by Jeff @ Able Auto »

LIKE LIKE LIKE
Jeff Fitzgerald - retired
Treasure Coast of Florida
"there will be enough time to sleep when we're dead"
Crescentbunny
100 Club: Active Contributor
100 Club: Active Contributor

Post by Crescentbunny »

Can I add new kudos? Years of dealing with horrible tech support has left a sour taste in my mouth, so much so that I DREAD calling any kind of support line. However, every call in has been a pleasant and for the most part timely procedure and I so so appreciate it!!! Mitchell's tech team has single handedly changed the way I view support, if only every company could copy your procedures! I suspect there is a note on our file (Or everyone there is remembering me.... yikes!) somewhere that I am basically the onsite tech support here and that I somewhat know my stuff so whoever answers avoids annoying me with "turn it off and back on" easy fixes that I've already tried numerous times, or all the condescending BSand self-righteous tones I get from other support lines. This greatly expedites my results and THANK YOU THANK YOU GOSH THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH. I also greatly appreciate the self help section and the certification videos. I've actually had other shops in my area calling me to schedule time for me to show them how their Mitchell works (Why they don't just watch the videos too mystifies me). I usually just point them there and here :)
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Glad to be reading this, we have made a lot of changes this past year to improve the quality of service by support agents including someone now coaching them in an on-going manner.

Thanks so much for posting these comments, I will share it with the team.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

Yes, thanks to all who have taken the time to contribute positive feedback. It's time and effort you don't have to take, so we really appreciate it.

It means a lot to my group to have positive experiences relayed. :D
M1 Product Manager
FieroJen

Post by FieroJen »

My gosh, YES. I hadn't yet created a username here on the forums at the time, but I wish I had done so. I would call out by name the very kind, knowledgeable tech fellow from CA who helped me out of a jam a few months ago, so he could get the proper recognition. The pc that acts as our server wasn't accepting Mitchell1 auto updates, totally fouling up the works here. He took the reins and had us back up and running in no time.

He was amazingly helpful and that was, by far, the best tech support experience of my life. I've been remiss in not reaching out to someone to say so.

A mistake I will not make again.

Kudos, Mitchell 1 tech staff!

Jennie
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

Thanks for posting, Jennie. It's always good to hear these stories as the negative ones tend to rise to the surface.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
Rich

Post by Rich »

So I dropped a PM to JD about a laptop we not have for me to use at my desk. Asked for a pointer, and he knows me well enough to get TS involved right away! He passed it along to one of the TS guys.

TS guru (sorry I missed his name) calls and asks whats going on. I explain we have a laptop i'd like to get Mitchell loaded up on, I was sure we had enough licenses as we had a desk top here that Mitchell hasnt been updated in a long time and we never use Mitchell on it because of that issue. Of course he says thats no problem, taps a few keys and verifies we have 5 licenses and only 3 being used. I walk over to laptop knowing he is going to have to remote into it.

BUT, he asks me to go to the system that is out dated. Hmmmm, I wonder why as I had just explained we have "written that off". I get open up teamviewer and give him the magic numbers. And soon the TS Guru is into my system. This guy whipped around in the system faster than Jimmie Johns can respond to a house fire. In like about 4 minutes the system we wrote off is running up to par and is updated. :D :D :D

I had only mentioned that system to him. But the guy took it upon himself to get that one running. Above and beyond service is what I call that.

Onto the laptop, this laptop doesn't have a CD drive, so this 6.5 install disc I have isnt gonna help out.

"No problem, what your email address? Load this up, when its done call us back."

In a few moments I got an email and opened the link and let it do its thing. Laptop has a VERY slow connection, it was done in the morning when I came into work. When I had time I opened the link and it did its thing. Asked if I wanted to do the updates, I said yep and off it went. Soon after the laptop was up and running great.

Called into to say they could close the file as the laptop was fixed. The guy (again he had a name, but didnt get it) asked me to link in and be sure. I was like....really dude?? it's running. He got in and checked things over. Found that I hadn't got it all done and was missing the link buttons to the suppliers. I explained I could do it, he clicked on two that we use and made sure they worked. Again, going above and beyond.

So thanks again to the Gurus..... Mitchells TS is the only tech support that I don't dread calling. Never had a bad experience. Actually I hope to get a short tempered, cranky one some day so I know they are really humans!!!!!!

Hugs and kisses!
Rich Hays
Johnny5

Post by Johnny5 »

Don't ya love happy endings? :) Thanks Rich, always a please. I passed you note onto the manage of tech support. They will id the agent and post his letter on the "Atta Boy" bulletin board. Appreciate it. JD
John Dwulet AKA: Johnny5
Retired - Mitchell1
Jeff @ Able Auto

Post by Jeff @ Able Auto »

:D :D :D
Jeff Fitzgerald - retired
Treasure Coast of Florida
"there will be enough time to sleep when we're dead"
Rich

Post by Rich »

Johnny5 wrote:Don't ya love happy endings? :) Thanks Rich, always a please. I passed you note onto the manage of tech support. They will id the agent and post his letter on the "Atta Boy" bulletin board. Appreciate it. JD
There were two agents sir. Please give them both a hug
Rich Hays
nickscarcare
750 Club: World Class Contributor
750 Club: World Class Contributor

Post by nickscarcare »

I agree, usually great help, but yesterday, I had the coldest guy, never said much, he was disconnecting before making sure the problem was fixed, he was done and we sat there for a couple minutes before I asked if he was done checking the stuff he needed to. I hope that I don't get him again.
Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know why I look this way. I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.

507-345-6425
http://www.nickscarcare.com
liljoe

Post by liljoe »

I have to chime in here. Been on the phone for a total of over three hours today just trying to change my spotify account to a family account through sprint. Have talked to three different people that can not speak clear English. Is it too much to ask for Mitchell people to run around and answer the tech lines at other places we have to call? It really would make my life easier......
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Hehehe, just kidding, but this really makes me appreciate the tech support at M1.
Working hard to prove the Green Team can do it with the best of 'em.
Always remember: AIN'T NO FREE LUNCHES!!
Am I the Only One?- I don't think I am.
The further a society retreats from the truth, the more it hates those who speak it. George Orwell.
Rich

Post by Rich »

I'd like to tag onto this topic. We just did the update to 7.2.9, Host did good, but I had two work stations that were having issues. Broke down and called TS, got a hold of a young gentleman named Josh. He got into the system and did some looking around. This guy flew around in the system faster than i can throw an Xbox controller. he very quickly found the issue and had it up and going. Somewhere along the line i must have mentioned the other work station having issues. When the 1st one was going good he asked to get into the other one. Glad he was on his toes, as I had forgotten all about that issue. He had to do a little fighting with that one as he found we are having a windows issue. But he got it going for us.

So thanks a ton Josh for going above and beyond.
Rich Hays
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

Thanks for sharing, Rich. :)
M1 Product Manager
liljoe

Post by liljoe »

Time to renew this one. Had the pleasure of dealing with M1 support getting remote reports working, have to say it was very smooth and easy. Then i go home and my wife tells me that her new phone (Galaxy S21) that just activated on the t mobile network does not have coverage at her place of work. I had been on sprint network but was advised that i would have better service on t mobile and could switch back to sprint with a simple sim swap ( they ship both sims now that they merged ) so i start the procedure online and the phone willnot find the network. So a chat with support was needed. Logged on with them at 10:43 last night. At 4:35 this morning i was able to make a call and send text on her old phone that we wound up having to reactivate. During this almost 6 hour ordeal i was with 5 agents and powered down, removed sim, reinserted sim and rebooted phone no less then 17 times. Some time around 2 this morning i had an agent who told me no less then 8 times that they would be glad to send me new t mobile sim card in the mail. Could not get them to understand that if there is no coverage it does her no good to have a phone. If a person could get through the network in person and somehow transport to the agent i would have been charged with a couple counts of murder, or at least assault. After being told that " i am here for you and will get this fixed" till i was about to explode i told the agent how i felt that there was zero level of actually wanting to help and they just wanted to type from the same worn out patronizing script. The agent they had the gall to reply something else along the same lines with a smiley face at the end. I lost it at that point. This got long winded to vent a little and remind everyone how awesome M1 support is!
Working hard to prove the Green Team can do it with the best of 'em.
Always remember: AIN'T NO FREE LUNCHES!!
Am I the Only One?- I don't think I am.
The further a society retreats from the truth, the more it hates those who speak it. George Orwell.

Return to “Technical Issues”