Manager 7.0.11 Quirks

Manager SE specific technical issues
Jimmy@DGB
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Manager 7.0.11 Quirks

Post by Jimmy@DGB »

Here's a list so far of some quirks I've found since updating to 7.0.11. Forgive me if they are known issues:

When manually entering vehicle info, tabbing over from the year field goes to "Add" for recommendations instead of vehicle make drop-down.

Text is not carried over when typing in customer name field & switching to company, or visa-versa - the text gets cleared

Reference field is now printing microscopically at the bottom of the invoice under the footer - we use this line for PO#s and our customers have trouble finding them on our invoices

Customer # now prints on invoice - why? We rarely use this number. Not sure how other shops feel about it

We've lost the auto-fill function in Estimator/Shop Key.

When starting new order (F6), Customer/Company Name is not the automatic active field - we have to click in the field in order to start typing..

Just minor stuff but annoying nonetheless.....
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Manager 7.0.11 Quirks

Post by Silky7 »

Jimmy@DGB wrote:Here's a list so far of some quirks I've found since updating to 7.0.11. Forgive me if they are known issues:
Jimmy@DGB wrote:When manually entering vehicle info, tabbing over from the year field goes to "Add" for recommendations instead of vehicle make drop-down.
We're working to address tab order in our new vehicle selector. It's always tricky because we're mixing new technology with some older controls.
Jimmy@DGB wrote:Reference field is now printing microscopically at the bottom of the invoice under the footer - we use this line for PO#s and our customers have trouble finding them on our invoices

Customer # now prints on invoice - why? We rarely use this number. Not sure how other shops feel about it
Please try to run this file. http://www.m1faqs.com/fix/SE/InvHrs22216.exe It should address both of those issues.
Jimmy@DGB wrote:We've lost the auto-fill function in Estimator/Shop Key.
This will be fixed in our next ProDemand update, which should occur within a month.
M1 Product Manager
sbebenelli
750 Club: World Class Contributor

Post by sbebenelli »

Jimmy@DGB wrote:We've lost the auto-fill function in Estimator/Shop Key.
Silky7 wrote:This will be fixed in our next ProDemand update, which should occur within a month.
I was just getting on here to ask about the auto fill not working anymore.

May I ask why did it stop working in the 1st place and why not fix it right away?
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

The reason it wasn't fixed right away was because to do that would have meant losing (rolling back) the already released changes in ProDemand. E.g., to another shop that may have never even noticed the loss of the auto-completion in Estimator, they may have been wondering why their search by part number in Estimator broke after one day.

Long story short, we didn't want to take away several features to address one bug.
M1 Product Manager
sbebenelli

Post by sbebenelli »

Silky7 wrote:The reason it wasn't fixed right away was because to do that would have meant losing (rolling back) the already released changes in ProDemand. E.g., to another shop that may have never even noticed the loss of the auto-completion in Estimator, they may have been wondering why their search by part number in Estimator broke after one day.

Long story short, we didn't want to take away several features to address one bug.
The reason I ask is for someone like myself who knows nothing about programming it's easy to get frustrated when something like this happens on a feature that is used all the time, and then for it to take a month to correct seems unacceptable.

I have a better understanding now how things work and why this happened. Although how it could slip through any type of testing still is confusing to me lol :wink:
sbebenelli

Post by sbebenelli »

Thank you for getting the auto-fill function in Estimator back! I'm surprised there wasn't more stink about it not working. It drove me nuts not working.
Johnny5
500 Club: Champion Contributor
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Post by Johnny5 »

Jimmy@DGB wrote:
When starting new order (F6), Customer/Company Name is not the automatic active field - we have to click in the field in order to start typing..
This already appears to fixed in the next update...
John Dwulet AKA: Johnny5
Retired - Mitchell1

Return to “Technical Issues”