Sudden Network Communication Issues?

Manager SE specific technical issues
MehtaMotors

Sudden Network Communication Issues?

Post by MehtaMotors »

Nothing was updated or changed but suddenly we are getting a loss of communication between out host computer database and our workstations. It started out intermittently but has gotten progressively worse. No other programs are effected, all networked drives can be accessed from any computer even when the database communication loss is currently happening (even the host computers main drive). The issue seems to be isolated to the management program. Any insight/tips for this issue? I have tried reinstalling workstation programs but that made no difference. All computers have been fully turned off and back on. I really don't want to mess around with the host computer unless I've exhausted all other options. All computer are running windows 10. Thanks for any advise.

-Shawn
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Sudden Network Communication Issues?

Post by Silky7 »

Shawn,

Try taking a look at this article. https://kb.mitchell1.com/articles/id-770

It may not appear to be an exact match, but the firewall/ports/network information may be of help.
M1 Product Manager
MehtaMotors

Post by MehtaMotors »

Ive had limited time to deal with this issue so for the time being I moved the database/host computer to the front office area so the service writer can work on the invoices without having problems. Ive checked everything I can within my scope of knowledge and looked through the things on that other thread you linked to. I'm just confused as to why this would suddenly be an issue when no settings were physically changed. It did stop working on the host computers completely at one point. Now it seems to work on the host computers but loses connection sporadically. The new symptom now is the host computer claims there is a database connection loss/network error at times even though the database is on that computer. It gives the error message and blanks out the customer info for about 5-10 seconds and then goes right back to working normally. Its only happened twice today so far on the host, so we will see if things get worse. Thanks for the help evil one! :twisted:
-Shawn
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

You may also be experiencing issues with the database or SQL. I'd suggest giving Tech Support a call when you have some time. The database health should probably be checked.
M1 Product Manager

Return to “Technical Issues”