Possible Labor Bug?

Manager SE specific technical issues
tmbutitta
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Possible Labor Bug?

Post by tmbutitta »

First let me start by saying we have a 20% multiplier on the labor rate that we collect and do not pay the tech. We consider it our recovery rate for all the jobs we pay techs more than we collect (LOF, Alignments, Warranty, etc) Ex: We charge the customer 1.2 per hour, and we pay the tech 1.0.

And here is a problem we are running into.

When we manually add a labor line.
we charge = 1.2
pay hours automatically adjust to 1.2 - and that's okay.
but when we override tech pay to 1.0. and hit save or done - it reverts back to 1.2 with no notification of this.. So it took us a while to catch this.

The only change we see from this, is it forces the non-standard labor rate box to be checked. which doesn't make much sense since your still using the standard rate, and not manually changing the price. So if you do adjust labor rate for any reason, the price never gets reflected to that. It just changes labor rate amount, but adjusts charged hours down to equal the previous dollar amount (lets say default is 1.2 at $100/hr =$120/hr. after making these changes, I manually adjust labor to $120/hr. It drops my charged hours to 1.0, and price stays at $120 instead of going up to $144) And its very tricky to get the correct sequence of hours entered, boxes unchecked and labor rate in the correct spot to get everything where i need it.

But the real annoying part is when you have to go back into the labor and open it up again, and manually adjust tech hours down.. once you do this, it gives you a pop up saying hours have changed do you want to update tech hours. I click NO, and it asks the same thing a second time!.. So you have to answer the same questions twice, and if you enter through it really fast, you end up hitting no then yes, and it over pays the tech.

Not sure if this makes sense, but could demo it if needed.

Thanks,
Tad B
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Possible Labor Bug?

Post by Silky7 »

Tad,

This sounds like you are using version 7.0.11 or 7.0.17. If so, please update to 7.0.18 as soon as possible to correct this. (You should have seen notice that it's available by now if you had 7.0.17). If you're on 7.0.11, give us a call at support to get the update sent to your account.
M1 Product Manager
tmbutitta

Post by tmbutitta »

I am on 7.0.11

Is there anyway to get the updates automatically? or notifications of new updates sent to email?
tmbutitta

Post by tmbutitta »

Okay, So I called and talked to a tech support agent, and they refused to let me update to anything. Cant go to 7.0.17 or 7.0.18.

They said I have to wait until they are ready to force update me, with no ETA.
motley06
300 Club: Superstar Contributor
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Post by motley06 »

I've noticed the same thing, but always just took the time to work around it. I'm also sitting at 7.0.11 and haven't had any updates promted...
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

All,

I apologize for the confusion with our support group. :oops:

You are correct, you will automatically receive the update eventually. However, based on a number of factors we may release updates ranging from several hundred to several thousand customers a week. So it can be some time for your automatic process to take place. Typically if you call us, we can add you to our current release group. This means seeing the update in the next day or so.

If you guys can PM me your account numbers, I'll take care of that today.
M1 Product Manager

Return to “Technical Issues”