Open ROs Switching Customers?

Manager SE specific technical issues
GUTHTIRE
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor

Open ROs Switching Customers?

Post by GUTHTIRE »

We've recently noticed, and it's been very intermittent, an open RO switching to another Customer. I have yet to pinpoint exact steps but an RO is open for a given customer with jobs, labor and parts lines assigned. Throughout the day we've noticed the RO being assigned to another customer altogether. The jobs, labor and parts lines are intact however the RO is assigned to another customer that has an open RO. To our knowledge it has never switched to a random customer just a customer with an existing open RO. Very weird. We don't recall this happening prior to the 7.1.6 upgrade. This has happened about a 1/2 dozen times at most. Has anyone else experienced this?

Note: the cleanest steps to switch it back have been to cut all the lines out of the now "bad" RO, delete the "bad" RO, open a new RO under the correct/original customer and paste the lines. There may be an easier way that we have yet to find.
Dan
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: Open ROs Switching Customers?

Post by ricmorin »

Yes, Dan. It has been documented as a glitch in this pre-release. I understand work is already underway to fix before mass release.

From what I know, it's an interaction between the Scheduler and an open RO. Altering times in the Scheduler on an item while an RO is open, the altered item inherits the open RO's customer.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

We apologize for this inconvenience. Correct, this was verified last week and a patch is being prepared now. Distribution was halted; the patch will be applied to the release which will resume as SE 7.1.7.

Workaround: Go to WIP screen before opening appointment to avoid the interaction described above.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
GUTHTIRE

Post by GUTHTIRE »

Thanks, I wasn't 100% sure whether we encountered this before the latest release or not.
Dan
John C.
500 Club: Champion Contributor
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Post by John C. »

HA!!! Happened again this morning, at first I was blaming the guys, then I thought I was the culprit... :shock:
John C.
Jimmy@DGB
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Post by Jimmy@DGB »

This has been happening to us in 7.0.11. I've called tech support about it a couple of times but they could not really pinpoint any issue.
Jimmy@DGB

Post by Jimmy@DGB »

We have updated to 7.1.7.6 and are still having this issue. It is replacing one customer's info and with another. PLEASE HELP. Tech support has no clue. The only cause they can come up with is that the service writer is replacing the information manually, and this is NOT happening. My writers know better and are too lazy to sit there and do that :lol: We currently have 2 RO's open that this has happened with if anyone in Mitchell tech support land can help with.
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

Jimmy,

Sorry to say, but the reality is we won't be able to track it down unless the SA's can help identify what steps they were performing when the switch occurred. The previously identified issue was definitely fixed in 7.1.7, so there's a chance you have a completely different flow that is causing a switch. :|
M1 Product Manager
Jimmy@DGB

Post by Jimmy@DGB »

I completely understand. No one ever seems to know or can remember doing anything unusual.
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

That's important to let them know as well — it may not be anything unusual in the workflow. They may want to pay special attention to their normal flows and a pattern can emerge. Ric's SA (Hi Wanda if you're lurking. :D ) was instrumental in tracking down the original issue in this thread, and even then it was a couple of weeks before enough of a pattern was identified.
M1 Product Manager
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

Jimmy@DGB wrote:I completely understand. No one ever seems to know or can remember doing anything unusual.
That's what is tough. What is normal to you may be different to me and what is normal to me is different to others.

Return to “Technical Issues”