2016 Vehicles Not In YMM?

Manager SE specific technical issues
Propane Plus

2016 Vehicles Not In YMM?

Post by Propane Plus »

Using version 6.6.14, tried manual program update, no updates available. Can not enter a 2016 F150, 2016 E450, 2016 Ram anything other than Promaster or several other new vehicles. It is now March of 2017, have I missed an update? Or do we have to switch to version 7xx for newer vehicles?
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: 2016 Vehicles not in YMM

Post by Silky7 »

You are correct, you'll need to switch to the 7.x version for newer vehicle data. The 6.x version is no longer being updated.
M1 Product Manager
Propane Plus

Re: 2016 Vehicles Not In YMM?

Post by Propane Plus »

Well this is the first I have heard of that. Last conversation I had with anyone at Mitchell (another issue) I asked about the new version. They asked if I use the scheduler, I said barely, we had a paper copy that we use, I was told the new version is not required. Is there some method of being alerted to major changes like that so I am not 2 years out of date? And why did it not update itself or at least tell me I was using the Flintstone version? Now I have to go manually change a bunch of vehicles I have been calling 2015 to 2016 and 2017.
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

Sorry for any confusion that might have occurred on your call to support. Moving to the 7.x version does have some requirements that 6.x did not (Absolutely no XP or Vista workstations) that has dictated very slow roll out on our part. However, at any time you can find links to the manual update and changes in the newer versions here in the forum. As long as you had no old computers, you should have been given the opportunity to update when you called.
M1 Product Manager
Propane Plus

Post by Propane Plus »

I was asked about computers when on the phone with tech, the oldest computer here is within 5 years but all are on minimum windows 7. Management would rather have newish equipment then the hassle of a crash/data loss or slow operation. I have been watching the progress on the rollout of V7, I was waiting for the auto update but was not going to do it manually unless the bugs were worked out. Looks like it is a better system now than a year ago. Would have been nice to get some kind of notification to update because I was out of date. I only browse the forum when I have issues, so announcing it here will not work for all users.
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

We do automatically send out updates to users, but admittedly the initial reaction to the schedule changes in 7.x disrupted the planned process. We worked to address the various aspects of the schedule that users were most concerned with, then released it to make sure we were on target. That created an unfortunately disparate amount of time for those of you still on a 6.x version to get an update. We certainly hope this is unique situation that will not occur again; updates should be coming with more regularity to all users.

We're also in the process of revamping some of the updating mechanisms to make it easier for our users to check for and download the latest update when they want.
M1 Product Manager

Return to “Technical Issues”