Ghost A/R

Manager SE specific technical issues
Martins

Ghost A/R

Post by Martins »

Hello,

First time poster,
I am having an issue with my accounts receivable randomly. I have called tech support on it but even they were not sure why it was doing it. (possible rounding issues with non standard labor rates) what I am finding is through out the week ill see $.02-$.05 added to A/R for no reason. Then when I pull balances due there is no A/R for that amount or even created. I have tracked it down to the days its doing it and gone through every RO and there is no explanation. My EOD reports are then off between Gross and Collected. The Taxable sales report is miss reading due to this and my month to month reports are off as well. its only a few cents here and there however it is adding up and throwing my paper work off enough to drive me crazy haha.

Has anyone else experienced this or noticed it?

Marty~
Martin's Tire & Service
Martin's Tire & Service
Burton, MI
(810) 768-3736
http://www.martinstireandservice.com
Rich
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor

Re: Ghost A/R

Post by Rich »

I have also noticed this. I don't use the Mitchel system and 100% for AR. I keep track of it in Excel on a sheet I made. Not that I don't trust Mitchel, I just don't trust computers or the humans using them. If I remember correctly it is a rounding issue.
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Ghost A/R

Post by timbre4 »

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post.

We've made changes over the years to combat this including calculations out to 4 decimal places. The culprit is usually an odd sell price in conjunction with an odd quantity that generates a number that must round up. On an invoice by itself it may not be apparent, however in combination with other invoice items in the totals, it may cause a penny difference. If there is more than one instance, then a few pennies perhaps.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer

Return to “Technical Issues”