Fax

Manager SE specific technical issues
nickscarcare
750 Club: World Class Contributor

Fax

Post by nickscarcare »

We had a printer crash this morning, got a new all in one unit, hooked up and we can print, but no longer able to fax from the pc. Called tech support, guy told us they don't help with that?
Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know why I look this way. I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.

507-345-6425
http://www.nickscarcare.com
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Fax

Post by Silky7 »

Yes, that's a difficult area. If you can't get the machine faxing (and with a fax driver), it's really time to contact that device's manufacturer for support. If you can get that far, our guys should be able to help you get the appropriate driver associations made with the shop management application.
M1 Product Manager
nickscarcare

Post by nickscarcare »

It faxes right from the machine not from Mitchell
Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know why I look this way. I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.

507-345-6425
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

If you can open say a Word document or PDF on your computer and print to the fax driver (effectively faxing it), you should be setup far enough to get it working from Manager. In Manager simply go to File > Print Setup. Move the bullet down to Fax Printer and select that same fax driver from that drop down.
M1 Product Manager
Sauvageaus
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Post by Sauvageaus »

Silky7 wrote:If you can open say a Word document or PDF on your computer and print to the fax driver (effectively faxing it), you should be setup far enough to get it working from Manager. In Manager simply go to File > Print Setup. Move the bullet down to Fax Printer and select that same fax driver from that drop down.
Mine works fine with having the correct one selected. Are you able to fax anything else from your computer? When you say the machine faxes is that by putting a paper in and faxing that way?
Attachments
printer fax.JPG
printer fax.JPG (36.32 KiB) Viewed 3262 times
nickscarcare

Post by nickscarcare »

Yes I have been through the drop down and it don't work, so was tech guy, but he said not their issue. Yes if I just put paper on the machine it faxes, I have not tried to fax from a word document yet. It worked with the old printer, not the new one and it is hooked up to the network. I am busy getting cars done so not much time to mess with it.

507-345-6425
motley06

Post by motley06 »

You could do like we did when we moved into our new shop and refuse to do anymore faxes :lol: I know it doesn't help, but I got tired of using such old technology. Honestly though, we've had no issues with extended warranty companies so far. We just scan and email. You can even scan with your smart phone, which will automatically convert into a pdf, then email from your phone. Just a thought. Good luck
nickscarcare

Post by nickscarcare »

So got my computer geek in here and within 30 minutes he has it faxing again from the pc. Not sure what he did but he got it going so yay to him!!!!

507-345-6425

Return to “Technical Issues”